Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 June 2012
A fabulous little book. Comes highly recommended by the teenagers in our youth group. Bought as a gift to an un-churched teen who didn't know what God thought on these issues - seems to have gone down well. Bought spare copies, one which will be given to my daughter when she starts secondary school later this year. Lots of great advice, even if you don't share the Christian faith and just want to bring up your child with a strong sense of self-worth.
on 5 June 2010
Over the last few weeks I've been reading several books which I seem to be finishing this week, including Cherished: Boys, Bodies and Becoming a Girl of Gold by Rachel Gardner. We've given this out to several young girls in our youth work this year on the recommendation of one our leaders so I thought I'd have a read of it. Lydia's recommendation is well deserved - this is a great positive book for young teenage girls to read. The book touches on many of the big issues for them: self-image, sexuality, clothes, friends and so on. Rachel writes in a conversational style, that's easy to understand, and brings in comments and quotes from a wide range of friends of various ages. I'm really glad that we've given out some copies of this book, and will certainly look to buy more for our young people.
on 13 January 2013
My parents bought me this book and it really helped me to value myself more. I purchased it as a present for a friend who had really been down for a while. It helped her get back on her feet again. I would recommend this book to any teenage girl! The book arrived within the estimated time.
on 17 October 2009
Bought this book for our teenage daughter, but read it first ourselves as parents. Superb! What great and helpful insight
on 14 January 2016
i am actuality 24 this booked helped me with my struggles with being a christain and answered a lot of my questions .. it was an amazing adventure reading this i couldn't put it down ,love how easy it is to read , i have now started 'beloved' and i feel its a little bit more fitting for my age but i still got soon much out cherished as i am sure every women or girl would ... a very good starting point if you want a breath of fresh air and to feel loved
on 21 April 2012
A lovely book to give your precious teen daughter.
How to keep safe and make wise choices, great advice in negotionating in the confusing teen hormone-filled years.
on 24 March 2012
This book paints a very positive picture for teenage girls of the Bible's teaching on image, sex and relationships. Rachel has written a book that teenage girls can relate to and take lots of advice from. It's a really enjoyable read and I have given it out to the girls in my youth group.
on 3 December 2010
A fab book for teenage girls revealing just how amazing God thinks you are.
There are some invaluable truths in this book that will help young women of God work out who they are and maybe even what they are called to do.
I recommend this book to any female young adult who wants to know more about God and what is means to be a daughter of Christ.
on 21 April 2010
This is a very good book which both my daughters and I loved very much.
It is very reassuring for any teenager to overcome doubts about self image. It also deals with issues of peer pressure, honesty, sex and relationships in accordance with Christian values. Every teenage girl should have a copy.
on 11 February 2014
A great book to encourage young teenagers to respect themselves and not go with the flow. Highly recommended in these days of 'anything goes' and peer group/social network influence