Customer reviews

God's Big Picture
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 November 2013
A fantastic book. You'll read it over and over. Easy to understand in terms of writing style and structure, but tackles big concepts and issues. Ties the whole Bible together under the theme of 'The Kingdom of God'. Will help anyone at whatever stage of faith (or not) understand the Bible better and see God's big picture for human history. Chapters are short and easy to digest with helpful subheadings. Study questions after are great for thinking through in a devotional, or as a study group. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough.
on 18 June 2015
This is perfect for those struggling with connecting the Old Testament to the new, it is not just a list of the main stories you may learn as a child. It explains in a good amount of detail the plan God had from the very beginning. Even having been a Christian for 10+ years, I found this book taught me an incredible amount without being too heavy or bogged down in minute details.
on 2 June 2014
I read this book after being recommended it by my youth leader. I was looking for a book that helped give me an overview of the Bible. This is exactly what it said on the tin. It runs through the Bible in a chronological order from Creation and the Fall all the way through to Revelation. It has helpful diagrams that help explain where each prophet came in and the relationship between Israel and Judah. Since that time, I have bought multiple copies of this book for my friends on occasions such as their baptism. They have found the book just as helpful as me. Therefore I recommend to anyone and everyone!
on 17 February 2018
Good introduction to the Bible and very useful for small group studies. We are using it for the Home Group of our Church.
on 17 November 2016
Well written, our homegroup are using this with some online material linked to the book. It has provided some interesting discussion.
on 11 April 2014
This book is not too long, very readable, and fits together the whole of the Bible for believers who don't have any prior knowledge of the Old Testament, or where that is limited to unconnected stories taught in Sunday School decades ago.
Highly recommended!
on 4 November 2016
A useful simple outline of a Bibilcal Theology - outlined from a Kingdom perspective rather than covenant
on 21 May 2014
This book provides a very useful, overview of the storyline of the Bible. Excellent for reference in study groups or individual reading. Would recommend for beginners to develop a baseline understanding of God's word
on 21 January 2016
Good quality item -new and recommended reading on my current training course.
on 13 April 2018
Readable and engaging overview of the great story in the bible.