Customer reviews

But is it real?: Answering 10 Common Objections to the Christian Faith
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 October 2012
This was my first foray into apologetics and it's great. To be honest, these answers are useful for discussing your faith with others but also prompt you to really think about why you believe what you believe. Amy's style is accessible, conversational and straightforward. I would really recommend it and looking for more of her work, if you're interested in this area.
on 13 February 2017
Excellent book addressing so many of the common objections to the Christian faith. I highly recommend it!
on 18 May 2015
I enjoyed the book and learned a lot but for me it will need quite a lot of study and re-reads to fully understand the answers.
on 17 August 2015
Very good
on 19 March 2013
Logical and easy to read. Points to further reading if you want to know more.
A clear description of the differences of the major religious worldview.
on 13 March 2013
A good friend of mine is using this book with someone who has many questions. She spoke to me about the book, saying she found it difficult at points, and confusing at other points. She wished it was written much more for 'normal' people. So I would add a word of caution to the 'easy to read' and 'understand' reviews. Perhaps those with a good background in the Bible, and perhaps a high academic ability will find the arguments and explanations of this book are fairly easily to them. But someone coming to things very new to everything, and not such a good reader, I am not so sure. Even my friend, who has a good Bible background, is not finding it at all easy to read - and on the parts she showed me - I tend to agree. So I would suggest some caution on giving this book to anyone. I think there are better books out there, more suitable to the complete newcomer, yet with enough in their substance to be convincing.
on 17 July 2010
Excellent book to give away to people wanting to know more about the Christian faith or for Christians who want to be able to answer their enquiring friends. It's written in an easy to read logical style and gives a clear reasoned argument for the reality of faith in Christ. Knowing God is real is possible and Amy Orr-Ewing answers 10 common objections to the Christian faith showing belief in God is a rational intelligent position to hold.