Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 March 2001
This is an excellent introduction to (evangelical) theology. Clearly written and with great Biblical insights. I may not agree with Grudem on the nuances but after reading this I know why.
However, this is really only half the book. Actually this IS half the book. It's half of the material from Grudem's Systematic Theology, which if you can afford the extra 50% is a much better buy. Should you ever want to buy the larger volume (and you will) and you can afford to make up the difference do so. The material in this edition is selected chapters from the full book. So, if you can spend more money, save later duplication by buying the complete edition.
on 8 February 2012
We are using this book as the basis for theological discussions amongst a small group of Christians who want to go deeper into theology and are prepared to do some reading to support that effort. They seem to like it and so do we. If you have been contemplating the bigger 'Systematic Theology' but can't quite face it, then this version is a good condensing of the larger book with all the main topics still included in a fair amount of detail.
on 7 May 2013
I borrowed my daughter's copy of this a few years back and had to give it back to her consequently having to buy this. It's been an excellent book to me. Having been a Christian for 40 odd years I still find it very necessary to go over certain doctrines from time to time.
on 16 August 2014
More concise than Wayne's ST but equally comprehensive. I have, in the past, recommended his ST to my students but now prefer this as it is a little more accessible but just as good.
on 6 October 2013
Easy to read bible doctrine. Very sound Christian theology with good discussions on the variations of differences in Christian beliefs between different Christian churches.
on 9 December 2012
Good textbook for laymen who want to know what the bible teaches in essential topics. It is not too difficult to read for non-theologians.
on 7 July 2015