Customer reviews

on 18 June 2017
Nice book very informative
on 18 July 2010
This is one of the better books I have read on Doll Collection. Not only does the author cover the history and description of various dolls of the 1950's, she also writes about life in Britain at the time. So giving a reason for the dolls names or clothes design. Plenty of photographs of the dolls so enabling easy identification.

Very interesting chapters on life just after the war, and how the dolls were produced. Also detailed information on Hard Plastic Disease and cleaning and simple repairs for your treasured dolls. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all doll collectors.
on 13 January 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas Gift for an avid doll collector who was well pleased. Although it looks great in our book collection its already been off the shelf on numerous occasions.

The product was delivered in good time and was well packaged.
on 22 May 2013
I loved my dolls and have just got them out of the loft for my 6 year old grandaughter. They all appear in this book, which is very exciting, and I have been reminded of some who are now long gone. An absolute treat if you were a little girl in the 50s.
on 27 February 2014
Wonderful book with detailed history and description of the dolls produced by the major manufacturers. Comprehensive index. I would recommend this book to anyone who collects dolls; it is an invaluable help in identifying the various dolls available
on 21 January 2014
Excellent book and a good introduction to 1950's dolls. It's very informative with lots of interesting facts and good pictures to guide you if you are not experienced in vintage dolls of this age. I would recommend to all new collectors.
on 29 April 2014
A high quality book - wonderful pictures, invaluable information, and the paper it's printed on gives me great pleasure.
The purchase went very smoothly, too.
on 3 January 2014
Excellent book I enjoyed the history facts I do have many other books on dolls but this I have really enjoyed this one.
on 31 August 2014
Good review of dolls of the era and brief history of doll makers.
on 25 July 2015
I am very pleased with my purchase thank you