Customer reviews

The Cinema Book
Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 2017
Excellent. Bought second-hand. Good for General reference. Arrived in good time.
on 18 January 2013
Not joking, there's loads of stuff in this book, even topics I thought wouldn't be in here, and before this, I bought other books which should arrive soon, and now I'm thinking.. why did I buy those too? all those topics are in this book I've just bought - The Cinema Book.

Defo worth the money.
on 29 October 2017
Brilliant! A lot of good, easy-to-read info on so many topics. Helping loads with my Uni studies :)
on 27 September 2016
It may seem a little overstuffed, but it contains an enormous amount of knowledge for every film student or enthusiast.
on 13 November 2014
Okay, slight damages on the cover but the insides are fine. This book comes under every week's recommended reading for my film history module. Looking forward to using it extensively to write my essays.
on 11 September 2014
ok
on 26 May 2013
This updated version is very negotiable for film students and its illustrations are all well chosen and good quality images
on 14 September 2014
This is an excellent reference book, especially for someone studying the history of cinema.
on 22 November 2009
I've bought this book on my tutor's recommendation and I have to admit that this is the best book for film studies students out there. Love it!:)
on 22 October 2014
After I read it all I might give it 5 stars, but I am just beginning my journey through 500-odd pages... For a long time I couldn't make up my mind between this book and "Introduction to film Studies", but eventually settled on this one. So far I am pleased. For me it has a more logical, more chronological/historical approach to the subject matter, but each chapter can also be read on its own in whatever order. Well illustrated both with pictures and film case studies and very, very comprehensive.