on 6 March 2015
I recently got invited to an assessment centre for a graduate role, and thought it would be worth revising the psychometric tests. This book was exactly what I was looking for as it talks you through the different styles of testing, what they are looking for and tips/strategies on how to succeed. There are a limited number of practice tests (although a wide range of different types), and then an answers session which goes through each question and explains how to get to the correct correct answer. This is not a book full of tests - there are plenty of free websites online that give you tests, I would advise looking there...
on 28 September 2015
This book gives very good explanations on all the types of psychometric tests you can encounter looking for a job with easy, medium and hard practices as well as sources for more practice papers. It gave me enough confidence to pass the tests I had to do.
on 18 March 2016
This book was not that great in my opinion if your doing verbal reasoning only or the watson glaser test. The section is very small and doesn't cover watson glaser at all, which is fine as the book doesn't suggest it does. However the verbal reasoning section is non existent and doesn't contain no where near enough practises to assist you in learning this skill. If your sitting numerical and abstract etc then I'd advise it as those sections were the majority of the book.
on 9 January 2018
Thank you. Just the job.
on 23 August 2013
Recently graduated university and bought this book to help me practise some of the tests recruiters use. It is good value for me, however its very brief. I completed the whole book within 4-5 hours. One element the book misses out is the value of time! You have given a set time to complete questions for recruiters, this book doesn't really consider that. Anyone can get 100% when you have hours to complete it!

However, i'd recommend to anyone who is new to Psychometric tests.
on 1 September 2016
Perfect! So far so good.
on 25 May 2017
Unfortunately despite being advertised as used but very good, this book has answers attempted and written in next to the question. Disappointing.
on 16 May 2012
I had to attend a modern interview which included psychometric tests. I had only ever had 'classical' style interviews before, so wanted to know what I was in for. The book is good, as it tells you about what to expect with these tests, and some sample examples. In any case, it worked for me - I got the job!
on 10 October 2016
This is a great introduction but for what I needed it was a bit basic.
on 22 August 2015