Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 September 2013
I am most certainly in a minority when it comes to a positive review about this book. Apart from his terrible start in life for which I felt great sorrow it was the only part of the book I appreciated. I felt that J.H behaviour in prison, his bigoted attitude against 'screws', his method of protest, his lack of empathy or remorse for people he has hurt was despicable. I also felt that his arrogance in justifying his crimes because he "...wasn't a pedophile" was laughable beyond belief, basically he puts himself above these equally despicable people, when he is in the same league. And that he thinks people will pay to read further rubbish of his is just delusional. You are a thug. I bought this from the £1.00 shop thinking I would be reading a success story of someone with a bad start, I was wrong. I usually recycle my books to the charity shop but this one is going in the bin, where it belongs.
on 5 March 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Its a harsh reminder of how life can be if it doesnt start out too well. This mans life within the Scots penal system should be made into a film and shown in every secondary school throughout the land. It is a constant battleground between prisoners and wardens. I felt sad by the time I had finished this book. The author comes across as vicious and violent in a lot of his life but underneath there is a strong sense of decency and morals. He has great love for his family and friends (most of whom seem to have been locked up with him). However this side of his nature, I feel has been suffocated by the environment he has spent so many years of his life in. Its such a waste
I highly recommend this book
on 14 March 2013
An eye opener in to prison life and the knock on effects of drug addiction on the user and people surrounding them. Shockingly honest and very violent.
on 14 March 2013
Brilliant book I think kids at school should read this maybe less would turn to drugs and crime. Well done x
on 17 January 2013
Wit a story..couldn't put ma kindle Doon. In fact I know a few of the people Jimmy mentioned. All I can say is I really hope Jimmy can get clean of all drugs and finds the happiness and peace he deserves. All the best Jimmy. And keep e heed...ps..he need are bin the rangers tap.
on 26 July 2011
I got into this book right away which was a mistake as i could not put it down read it in 2 days now i am chatching up on housework etc worth buying
on 22 March 2013
I gave this book a two rating as far to much emphasis was spent thanking criminals that had"helped" the author. Early childhood attachments are vital and I believe this book shows what could happen to some without positive early relationships.
on 27 February 2013
I enjoyed this book immensely. I empathised with Mr Holland from his birth to where he ended up and the reasons for it. His story is a story of survival. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it.
on 11 January 2013
This was a brilliant book, Jimmy always said he wasn't writing this book to get our pitty. He is a genuine guy and talks about what his life's been like which is amazing.
on 9 March 2013
Really enjoyed but could be seen as a hard man bragging . Still a good read. I can see where hes coming from.