Customer reviews

on 11 April 2017
I to think it tells the truth the way it reads its like they might of been criminals but they did a lot of good ad well certainly opened my eyes as Bronson says respect to them I think I would agree yo that after reading this astonishing book
on 5 April 2016
Really enjoyed this book, good to find out the truth about the krays from someone who's not just trying to cash in on their name.
on 28 May 2017
Interesting read
on 13 November 2005
When i first recived this book i thought to myself another bad book about the kray twins ... I WAS VERY WRONG this is a very good book also a very funny book charles bronson is one of britains longest serving prisoners who's spent time with the twins inside alot of good storys about him and thee twins in this book A MUST FOR ANY KRAY FAN!!!!
on 5 July 2013
I have been interested in the Krays since I was a teenager. I have bought and read countless books about them and also the books that have been written by them too. I enjoyed most of them, but some more than others. This book, though, is a complete disappointment and with a very misleading title. I was led to believe that this book would shock me and reveal unknown things about the Krays, but it did neither. This book is mostly about Bronson himself, the time he has spent in various prisons and the people he has met. I have read a couple of his other books and this book is basically the same as his others. I found it hard to read and I nearly gave up on it on several occasions. I found out more about the Krays from the other Kray books than I did with this poor effort. Most of the book is not even about the twins. I agree with the other reviewer, "lady muck", this book is a complete bore and a waste of money and time. Anybody who gives this five stars has obviously not read this book. I give this only one star, because I am in a good mood and because I am feeling charitable. Utter rubbish.
Bought this for my father who commented how good it was so I gave it a read, I must agree with the other reviewer this is an excellent book with many good insights. If you want to know more about the Krays or have an interest in this genre give it a go!
on 11 September 2016
If you've read a lot on the Krays or just no the ins and outs, this is still a good book! Whilst it's more about personal accounts of the twins it's got great humour and Bronson is a great story teller! I myself knew nothing about Bronson himself so was a great additional read about him too! If you don't know a lot about the twins then a good read to see what people really thought about them rather then the usual silly media stories!
on 4 April 2011
I thought this book would be good as Charles Bronson has spent so much time with The Krays, but in fact I found it boring and repetative. Charles claims the book will shock and amaze you, and is all about The Krays when in fact it's all about himself and all the other prisoners he met. What little info there is of The Krays is much of what we know already, that they were well respected, smartly dressed, only did good things unless provoked etc.etc. Charles goes on about other people blagging off The Krays name but that is what he has done, and it don't help with him constantly referring to his " other books you can buy ". If you are interested in Charles Bronson buy it. If your interested in The Krays buy a different book about The Krays.
on 29 November 2015
Good book. Got some good lol moments. But looking forward to the pics as mentioned so many times throughout the book.. when I got to the end.. NO pics at all.. such a shame, felt short changed !
Other than that a good book..
on 19 November 2015
Brilliantly written, this guy should be a comedian. Some of the stories he has to tell are hilarious, what a sense of humour after all these years locked up. Great read