on 5 September 2014
This is a delightful book and will guarantee lots of smiles. The knitting is a piece of cake, although the sewing-up will probably take twice as long (actually, it usually should if you want to make sure the finished article is as good as it can be). and the results are charming. I have not had this book long, but have already knitted quite a few animals. Some bears have been given away as cheer-up presents and they have gone down very well. You will spend happy hours making these and as they are quick to create, happy hours means lots of entertaining little animals. These tiny gems are actually even more realistic than in many another toy pattern book and a decent collection could make a wonderful treasure for small persons of your acquaintance (big persons like them too).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 January 2017
Lovely designs with clear instructions supported by pictures. Projects are pretty much shown on the cover of the book. All are within my intermediate skills.
on 28 November 2014
I absolutely love this book!!! I've already made an elephant (which it suggests to make first as a beginning project) and I've made a brown bear, and cub!! They're really easy to make. Doesn't take long to knit at all, and I know that some knitting does take a while. I would recommend this book to anyone!! Young or old!! It's easy and fun to do!! :)
on 27 November 2015
This is the second book by Sachiyo Ishii I have bought - I love her miniature knits which even I have been able to master since it's mostly just stocking stitch. People were particularly smitten with the VW bus that I knitted (despite my dubious embroidery skills) and they were really fun to make. I found it took longer to stuff them than actually knit them!
on 12 April 2015
These little creatures will be quick to knit. They will be really useful for the children who always likes to carry a little toy around with them!
As I knit for charities, these little animals will be a good choice, as they take so little wool and so little time.
I particularly like the illustrations, especially the backgrounds for the toys.
There are clear instructions and tips, so would be good for beginners as well as the more prolific knitter.
I can't wait to knit them!
on 8 June 2017
Another good book by Sachiyo Ishii. Can't wait to get started.
on 24 October 2015
I love this book.
I made the complete set for my daughter's nursery class including the base which is done in individual squares. I did the animals, vehicles and squares alternately so didn't get bored. The set is played with a lot and is enjoyed by the 3/4 year olds.
Like a lot of small toy patterns it takes longer to sew up than to knit!
review image
on 10 August 2017
Simple designs but samples are not really well executed. I am surprised so many creations can come from such simple designs, but the designs are not as wonderful as I had hoped.
on 7 January 2015
Ive only made the elephant so far, but its brilliant! it comes out exactly like like an elephant :)
so often things dont look quite right but it looks like this is going to be one of the 'gems'. a book that makes things that work.
Im planning on making the whole scene for my 2 year old grand daughter as she loves animals.
on 27 February 2018
as above knit for charity fund raising