Customer reviews

on 16 March 2014
Beautiful well presented book brimming with inspiration. The patterns are original and quirky and although I haven't crocheted any designs yet, I know I have it on my bookshelf waiting for a project that needs a special edging.
on 12 September 2017
Great book! Lovely patterns.
on 15 September 2015
I have been crocheting for only a year and as I'm self taught some patterns and books have been difficult for me to understand, not this one, good instructions, well laid out and lovely pictures to go with it, there are some truly beautiful patterns here. Really pleased.
on 6 November 2013
This is such a great book of trims. I wanted ideas for edging blankets, but this gives so much more! I can think of so many ways to use the delicate motifs and trims, and will be using them as a sampler to decorate an old top and turn into a peg bag for certain! There is a good mix of styles for all abilities, with patterns as well as written directions. All are illustrated clearly on one page per design, with information on working corners in both directions too. Very comprehensive and absolutely beautiful. My project list has just grown...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 November 2013
We all love to crochet, judging by the number of recent publications. Here is a book that provides you with beautiful crochet trims and edges to adorn clothing and homeware. The book starts with a colourful trim selector. You will find all about the basics, materials, tools and a crochet refresher course included. The main body of the book is taken up with 75 trims. These are divided as follows: single coloured lace; multi-coloured lace; floral trims; autumn harvest; winter holiday; creatures and children. The biggest sections is the laces both single and multi-colour and this is the best section in my opinion. Finally trims are shown in use on a number of inspiring ideas. This is a beautiful book and I can easily envisage myself using about 50 of the trims in my own designs. The trim is shown in colour and both written and graph instructions are given. Photography is very good. Caitlin's other books are also to be highly recommended.
on 13 December 2014
As with all Caitlin Sainio's crochet books this is very clearly explained so even a beginner can try out the skill of thread crochet. Extremely well illustrated and if you're stuck for ideas how to use these designs (though I can't see why you would be!) there is a section on possible projects. Very worthwhile.
on 17 January 2015
This a a great book for anybody that can crochet and and wants to learn something new. Easy to follow instructions including patterns, charts and photography. Would thoroughly recommend.
on 18 April 2015
If you are a crocheter you'll love this book, along with the ideas for using the crochet edgings, which are so fashionable an the moment.

I'm only a beginner and can only tackle the picot edging but hope to learn more as they are all so pretty.
on 1 June 2015
Unusual edgings love them cannot wait to try out and book was half the price in the shops
on 29 July 2015
there are some lovely patterns in this book easy to follow with pleasing results