Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 5 May 2014
This book is okay. There's not a lot in it I want to make but it depends what you're looking for. The bag on the cover is a lot smaller than I expected and there are things like pot holders and tissue box covers that I find a bit redundant. Lots of little projects to make up quickly. Templates are a bit small - have to be enlarged. Overall I don't think I would have bought this book if I'd looked at it first but I suppose the name tells you what it is, using up scraps. I'm sure it will suit some people.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 7 January 2014
In the Twenty To Make Series, this book features quick and easy projects to use jelly roll scraps and mini charms. There is a one page tips and techniques section and two pages of templates to enlarge. The remainder of the book shows the 20 projects. Each project is shown over two pages. The description and techniques are clear and there is a superb photo of every project. Make hanging fish, a patchwork dog, drawstring bag, pin cushion, tissue pouch and other useful items. An excellent little book.
on 11 December 2013
Great ways of using up small oddments of material. Plenty of ideas for making unusual creative gifts for presents and for the home.
on 4 January 2014
Purchased the book for my wife at Christmas and she was not happy with it. Although she can gain some knowledge from it the ideas in the book are not new. She has seen all of them in in other books so was very very disappointed with it.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2013
I really enjoy Carolyn Forster's books and this interesting little gem didn't let me down. Some quirky gift ideas and a lovely gift book for a friend.
on 8 December 2013
I have lots of pieces left from a variety of projects so an ideal ideas book to use them up.
on 11 February 2014
I expected something new but just the same old things on offer. The book was put back in its envelope within 5 minutes of opening and is now looking for a new home.
on 13 December 2013
A little book with nothing of value in it. All been said and done before. Obviously being used as a money spinner, I think it is a total rip off. Would not recommend.
on 4 January 2014
It's a very simplistic book and is probably more for total beginners to patchwork. OK for some of the bigger projects.
on 29 December 2013
I thought this would contain more useful ideas for bags, sadly the projects are not very interesting. I would not recommend this book