Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 July 2013
Good starting point to a variety of different settings, was hoping for a bit more detailed instruction/guidance. Also thought that the book would be a little more inspirational, mainly cause the cover is so nice.

If you're looking for a guide to a number of different settings then it's still the book for you.
on 26 March 2017
I have many jewellery books; this is one of my favorites.
on 15 April 2017
A nice one.
on 28 June 2017
Good book
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 14 December 2012
The outstanding qualities of this book are the photographs and the standard of work. Stunning contemporary jewellery is featured throughout. This book looks at the many and varied types of settings used in jewellery from ready-made snap settings to handmade mounts. Line drawings are used to show the techniques. Excellent for all jewellery makers with its clear techniques and inspiring finished jewellery. This review was first published on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 16 March 2014
The book is lovely, it is presented well etc, I would however say, you are only going to be able to follow the info if you have some knowledge of silversmithing.. It's not going to get you up and running. Otherwise it's greet, lovely images and details...
on 20 December 2013
I don't often buy jewellery making books as I am on a budget but this book appealed to me mainly because of the beautiful work on the front cover. The 'look inside' option on Amazon doesn't really give you any real idea how good or not good this book is.

Now I have purchased this book, I have to say I am a little disappointed as although there are lots of examples of beautiful jewellery in the many 'gallery' sections, unfortunately the book does not explain how to make them but only explains the basic techniques required without further detail on each example. I was particularly hoping to learn how to make the square 'collet set' ring on the front cover but the collet setting section makes no explanation on how to make a square setting only details a round collet setting. There is no additional information on how to make a square setting so I feel a bit cheated.
on 30 June 2014
I give 5 stars to this book because it answers various questions which are commonly asked. It also gives some new ideas about stone setting.
on 2 April 2014
Lovely clear information and instructions. The book has lots of great ideas and designs. I am pleased I got the book
.I do silverwork as a hobby and found this book most helpful.It helped to solve some problems.and gave more ideas