on 23 February 2015
I've made about a dozen different flowers from this book and have found the written instructions and charts very clear and accurate. At the beginning there's information on how to crochet for the beginner and I've yet to spot a pattern that couldn't be accomplished by a beginner. There's a few pages showing all the possible flowers which makes a handy starting place.

I love how there's also sections on leaves, butterflies and even a caterpillar! This is a beautiful book and crocheting flowers is now my favourite pastime!
7 people found this helpful
on 13 December 2014
My first foray into thread crochet began with this book. I delayed starting the designs because I thought it would be difficult but the explanations and diagrams are so good that by working my way through from the beginning (the designs are graded according to difficulty) I quickly gained confidence and was able to reproduce the flowers. Beautifully illustrated and ideas for how to use the motifs.
6 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2013
I bought this book on a whim and since it arrived, I have spent every spare moment trying out the different designs. Didn't have the recommended crochet cotton but have used up lots of spare cotton yarn experimenting. Just love being able to fill in half an hour and have something pretty to show at the end of it. Am looking forward to creating some personalised Christmas gifts.
One problem, I have yet to work out how to 'anchor the stitch' as per instructions for the Dahlia.
10 people found this helpful
on 2 November 2017
Gorgeous looking book for those of a crochety disposition. I'm not one such, its a present and I think the recipient will love it. Excellent purchase, no problems at all
on 28 February 2013
I love this book which has many beautiful patterns. I shall be crocheting many if these easy to follow instructions.
10 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2014
Lots of designs that you would want to do. Easy instructions and patterns, even for a novice like me. Definitely need proper crochet cotton thread if you want to get the same effect as is in the book but can be done with a larger needle and DK or 4 ply - they just won't be so dainty. Having lots of fun with this :)
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
What a gorgeous book.
Simple and clear insructions.
Colourful and with beautiful close up pictures of complete flower.
No negatives from me on this book.
12 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2017
Very good book. It's a pity that I can't get the colours of the correct yarn to make them. The firm seems not to exist anymore., and there doesn't seem to be a substitute.
on 19 October 2013
A good reference book if yo lie to trim your crochet garments with some floral or leaf embellishment. I make a lot of baby cardigans and like to put a delicate flower on them to finish them off. This book is ideal as it has a lot of the dainty smaller flowers and leaves.
One person found this helpful