on 13 April 2017
When I first opened the book I found it to have colorful illustrations and good range of projects on the contents page.

There are simple steps by step directions which are easy to follow.

It has some great examples on how to use everyday items from your home to create templates for the projects.

Some projects may appear a little older fashioned for some people but I think everything has the option to be "jazzed" up and made more interesting.

So far I've only made the basic hearts project but I am looking forward to having a go at them all.

P.s. I am a beginner with my sewing.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2014
A must have for beginners to make projects - there are some sewing tips in here, however, if you want to use a sewing machine you may be better getting a course or another book for that - there are good guides for hand sewing, but this book is basic as basic comes - great for rainy evenings with the children as these projects are so easy to make... I am going to be able to make everything in there and I have not sewn for some time - a good looking book too, ideal for a sewing circle for friends to share too.. There are not template and patterns to follow so you must be ok with measuring out.. would be better with some patterns included but overall, really useful for any household keen to upcycle fabric - I love it
on 25 July 2016
Beautiful book with lovely projects, but if your relatively new to sewing like me then you may find this book a bit of a challenge, I think I'll be able to manage the notice board project, I don't regret buying the book, I'm still learning about sewing and using a machine, so I'm hoping when I improve then these projects will become easier for a beginner like me.
on 4 March 2016
I love this book! I am a total newbie when it comes to sewing and bought this book after searching for something to get me started. I was looking for simple projects that wouldn't cost me too much in case I messed up but that were great for practice and looked beautiful. This is exactly what this book offers!
There is a whole range of different gifts to make that are set out simply to follow with great results. I would highly recommend this book and can't wait to make my next project! I will be looking into the other Half Yard Heaven books too!
on 22 December 2015
There are lots of projects to have a go at. I am new to sewing but I found the instruction and step by step guides easy to follow. This book has given me the confidence to experiment with my machine whilst at the same time making useful items and gifts. You don't need to spend lots of money on materials, sometimes I have been able to just use up old scraps. Highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to dabble in crafting.
on 2 March 2017
I think there are more things in this book which I may like to make. Circumstances have been that I haven't really had time to
study the book properly yet.
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2016
This is a useful book with many easy ideas that you can produce in a couple of hours. Clear instructions and photographs show you each step of the product. Also good for beginners who need to get to grips with techniques.
on 8 December 2016
I bought this a gift for a family member who has started sewing as a hobby. This is a great book with some lovely ideas to use up scrap fabric. The instructions look easy to follow and different methods are described in detail.
on 14 April 2017
Lots of good projects to use up your scraps of material.
on 3 May 2014
This book does what it sets out to do - lots of simple and useful ideas for things to make from small amounts of fabric. I would say it is equally suitable for those new to sewing and also those more experienced who have lots of fabric bits to use up. Debbie gives easy to follow instructions and the book is well illustrated.