Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 October 2013
I have so far knitted two projects from this book and am very conflicted about it. I think the photos show lovely finished objects. However, the instructions are very poorly written and I'd be surprised if the patterns have been test knit, proofread and tech edited. Kitty Kat's body comes out a lot shorter than shown in the photographs. The suggested materials for Floppy Moggy are 4 x 100g balls of fun fur. I only used a single 50g skein, which is a massive disparity. Furthermore, there are errors in the instructions for Floppy Moggy's toes, making them impossible to make as written.

So, this book is good insofar as it has photos that one can copy if one is a competent knitter. But if you are looking for well written, accurate patterns, I suggest buying another book.
on 6 February 2014
Very disappointed indeed with this book. Tried to knit the cat Valentino on page 68 but came across a definite mistake in the pattern. I emailed the author at the knitting hut for assistance but got no reply! Struggled on making modifications as I went along and was in despair when making up the cat - very poor instructions; ended up leaving out the Base piece. Am definitely not going to try any more of the patterns. This book is going to the charity shop but I should probably leave a note inside.
on 28 April 2013
I love the patterns, however I found many mistakes which caused a few headaches! I would have thought that anyone who has gone to the trouble of writing a knitting book would ensure that the patterns were checked before publishing. I managed to correct the errors, but that is only because I'm an experienced knitter! The finished items are delightful, but incorrect patterns are, in my opinion, inexcusable.
on 1 March 2013
Lovely book, just bought the wool to start knitting. There is a cat to knit for almost eveyone I know and my mum wants to knit the stripy ginger one for herself...not her granddaughter!
on 14 April 2013
I love cats and I love knitting......since buying this book I am now able to knit cats !!!!!!!
My world is complete !.......Yep it's a great book...very easy to understand and a delight to browse through.
on 16 February 2013
If you love cats and you love knitting then this book is for you.
The pictures are superb and it is so easy to follow
on 23 July 2013
After knitting my first cat, I found errors. See p87 row 61 says knit 7 cast off 10 knit 7 that makes 24' at row 51 we only have 23 stitches.
See page 88 top left, WS facing have 7 stitches, next row knit 7, next row p1 p2tog p2 this should be p4
Not sure if I want to knit any more.
Also instructions not easily explained, I tried the Fluffy Cat on page 76, it did not turn out, looks like a monster from hell. Front legs too small. I have been knitting for 50 years and can follow cable, lace and all sorts of difficult looking patterns in all yarns, but this book i do not like, would not suggest a beginner buy it.
Joan Jackson
on 17 March 2013
A really fun book, I have enjoyed knitting two cats and a mouse. A great way to use up odds and ends of yarn. Lovely weekend projects, or a mouse in an hour!! Each has a different character so I am now customising Ginger Tom as a present for a neighbour, who has a tiger stripe ginger tom.
on 16 August 2014
I love this book - I've knitted several of the cats so far and they've all turned out great. The instructions are easy enough to follow and the projects range from tiny to huggably big, so there's something for everyone! (Although my real cat, Dexter took offense to one of the more realist looking cats and had a bit of a scrap with it!)
on 25 February 2013
I bought this book because of the amazing cats within it to make. I am an expert hand knitter of toys, clothing etc. But I feel this book is let down by the pattern instructions. when I've come to decreasing and casting on in the two patterns I've tried so far I have the instructions very poor i