TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 July 2013
This lady's work has been given the five star treatment it deserves. The book has a plush, cushion feel to it. It's a unique cover for a unique artist whose work is inspired by nature. She uses natural fabrics to make astounding three-dimensional art such as shoes, gowns, hats and even armchairs. The designs are intricate, intriguing and employ various techniques. This book showcases Lindsey's work. You can learn about the artist. Some of the creations are life-like, such as the Digitalis (foxgloves), others are more imaginary. This is an exquisite book, with by and large very good photography. It also tells an interesting story of Lindsay's development as an artist. It is not a how-to book. Although some guidance is given as to materials and techniques used, you would have to already know how to make the object because you probably won't understand how to achieve the finished effect from the book. It is an inspiring book of magical work.
on 21 September 2013
Lindsay has been open and honest about her journey as an embroideress - a difficult journey for anyone! Her story resonated sharply with me and she has inspired me to be more true to myself as an artist. The narrative is coherrently written and the illustrations are of exceptional quality. If you are looking for a 'how to' book it might not be for you but if you are looking for inspiration and to marvel at what can be done with a sewing machine and a bit of soluble film or silk organza then it will suit you very well.
on 23 July 2014
Beautiful book and very inspiring. I have been doing machine embroidery for thirty years but lost my confidence after an illness left my coordination and cognitive skills impaired. This book has motivated me into giving it another go. Well worth the money as a coffee table/display book if you don't sew.
on 20 July 2013
beautiful colour photography a lovely book for the coffee table, techniques are explained briefly but the inspiration is all I need.
VINE VOICEon 6 January 2015
This is a truly lovely book full of gorgeous photographs of Lindsay Taylor's beautiful work. I would say that if you are hoping to have step by step instructions on how to produce work like this then you will be disappointed but if, like me, you are a great admirer of her work and are looking for inspiration then this is just the thing. The book itself is beautifully presented and worth having just to look through - for me I just love her work and find it really inspiring - and I would highly recommend it for lovers of textile and stitch, her work is superb and gives us lesser mortals something to work for and achieve.
on 16 August 2014
This is just the most beautiful coffee table book. Lindsays work is amazing and wonderful to look at. Very inspiring. Its not a 'how to do it' book - more a look into the life of the designer and her work. Never the less - totally gorgeous.
on 31 January 2014
I bought this initially as a gift for a friend. Sadly I loved it so much I just had to keep this and give my friend something else. What a lovely way of show casing talent and fantastic for ideas of what can be done by just thinking outside the box. Totally inspiring. I think my friend will have to buy her own copy. !
on 24 September 2016
A lovely lovely book full of inspiration. Lyndsay is an inspiration in herself, let alone her work!

My only complaint is the spine of the book was torn when it arrived, and I didn't realise this until I took the cellophane off, so annoying as the book has a padded cover so spoilt the look of it. And its not a cheap book either. Just a warning to other readers to check the book before taking the wrapper off.
on 11 September 2013
This book is amazing beautiful designs and wonderful creations. A real dip in and out book of which I will never tier and hopefully it will inspire me to use my sewing machine to its full potential.
on 29 June 2014
A truly inspiring book for anyone interested in embroidery. I keep it by me all the time. So many wonderful works of art it makes you want to pick up your needle immediately,