Customer reviews

The Complete Machine Quilting Manual
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2013
This is an excellent all round reference book with good illustrations and diagrams.

If I had purchased this manual sooner I would have saved myself much time, hand wringing and learning from my own mistakes.

Chapters include: setting up; before you quilt; techniques (including stippling, echo quilting and trapunto); projects and quilting designs all of which seem straightforward.

A good "dipping" book, and once you have flicked through it, will be able to refer to it before purchasing fabric, choosing a design and much more that you will find useful, informative and which will give you confidence to try new things.
on 12 March 2013
I have number of quilting books so I was a little dubious as to whether this book would be any use to me. I have found it interesting and although it goes over much basic patchwork method, the sewing machine slant is very good . I have already leaned a couple good tips after just scanning through the book.
on 7 March 2016
Fabulous book, read it at the library first before getting my own copy. Has tons of information and step by step details. This series of books are great. I also have the Complete Machine Embroidery Manual which I would be lost without. Looking forward to many years of use with this in my collection
on 25 January 2015
I love quilting by hand and wanted something that talked me through the machine quilting steps simply and clearly. This book delivered that, plus helpful instructions on how to use my machine. This was definitely an extra bonus as I last learned to use a machine at school and had forgotten everything but the basics. So, a modern review was very welcome! I am looking forward to doing each of the projects to really master the many techniques carefully described here.
on 21 March 2014
I choose this rating as I felt although the book was very well written, it didn't cover machine quilting in as much detail as I wanted. It concentrated on how to make a quilt. I wouldn't have brought it if I had quick flipped through the pages. I expected this book to contain hints, tips, and detailed discription on how to achieve straight machine, and free style quilting. Disappointing.
on 31 March 2013
Something to dip into and learn some basic techniques. Well explained and well illustrated. It is something I will use as time goes by to confirm the best way to go about things.
on 1 January 2014
This book is very interesting and clear to follow. I have a new machine and haven't had time to follow a course so this book is perfect.
on 18 July 2015
speedy service well packed,
Book well laid out easy to dip into,
lots of information
on 31 May 2016
Great
on 9 January 2013
A very useful technical book on machine quilting. Clear and easy to follow instructions and great templates inside too. Another KEEPER