Customer reviews

on 28 April 2012
I bought my first sewing machine a couple of years ago and although I have done a lot of hand stitching of 'simple' projects I have never been quite brave enough to follow a commercial pattern because I did not fully understand the terminology used. This book is great, it answers questions about how to alter patterns, explains the terminology used and how to lay a pattern onto your fabric, also what fabrics to use and how much to buy plus many more questions. I think this is a wonderful book for beginners just learning how to use a pattern for making clothes etc.
Every page has either colour and/or black and white photographs and colour drawings.
If you want to learn about sewing/dressmaking buy it!
on 8 December 2017
Just what I needed to help me learn to make my own patterns xx Thank you
on 3 November 2017
Good Value for money!
on 20 February 2014
I have a few of the 200 questions answered books and love them all, I started by reading them through from start to finish and now refer to the relevant sections as and when required, for someone with not much experience they have been really useful.
on 12 February 2017
Really helpful for sewing patterns!
on 3 March 2014
Really good for the 200 questions - but as a beginner I don't always know what question I need to look at. Really clear and concise and very easy to find what you're looking for.
on 15 July 2017
If you sew, you just HAVE to have this book. No 2 ways about it. Truly helpful.
on 12 August 2015
good informative book
on 13 July 2015
very comprehensable
on 2 February 2014
Great little book for beginner or all. Still need lessons if total beginner, but helps as a quick reference guide.