on 10 October 2013
I found this book incredibly inspiring, I wanted to create better pictures for my blog and magazine articles.

The author makes photography accessible explaining things in a clear language - covering all the aspects of creating great pictures - for a number of different uses. The pictures throughout are beautifully done - it has helped me to be more considerate and professional with my crafting. For any online craft seller it is not to be missed
on 6 November 2012
I am very impressed with this book, I have struggled with my images in the past with the background of my pictures always a muddy grey or with a blue cast, the author of this book explains camera settings , and all the images in the book show what settings were used.Written in easy to understand way and with of course great pictures, I recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve their camera skills.
One person found this helpful
on 29 January 2013
This book was very helpful to me, I have made a successful photo booth with back drop from the idea in this book and I have taken a few photos using it and I was amazed how professional my photos look and how they make the crafts I sell look so appealing. there were lots of tips about different functions on your camera and how to use them but I haven't put these to the test yet. fabulous ideas, understanding how important light is and lots of helpful tips and advise how to get the perfect photo.
I highly recommend this book.x
on 29 October 2013
Nice simple approach to the subject. Lots of great pictures however there is not really any commentary with these apart from camera settings. The book covers lots of different crafts so while there is something for everyone there is not much of it. This said I acknowledge that its strength is that it is pitched at the crafter who is bringing their work to the web for the first time. Overall a good introduction to the field.
on 24 April 2013
A well written book that will surely help most photographers, even those who feel they are quite competent. It assists in achieving that essential photograph of crafts which in itself is critical to sales promotion. Good explanations on the importance of light and how to manage this. Highly recommend his book
on 4 October 2016
Had to buy it more than once as it desapeared a few times from my bookshelf... my friends love it ;-)
on 31 January 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend and although i agree that its a good introduction to using a camera and the different settings you can use to make your photos look better (eg depth of field, aparature) i didn't find it very in depth in terms of style and colour for example (although these were included).
One person found this helpful
on 28 February 2015
Great book, Lots of ideas (not just about the photography but also the different types of crafting). Would suit anyone as it covers a wide range of camera types.
on 17 April 2013
This book is easy to understand and has some brilliant tips and ideas for innovative ways to photograph your craftwork. Well worth the money and I would recommend it. It is really nice just to browse through too, when you have a spare moment.
on 24 February 2013
Great tips for any craft practitioner. It's the bst guide that I have seen to photogaphing my work. It gives ideas for designing a good layout plus lighting & camera settings. Well worth every penny.