on 29 May 2017
I love this book. I bought a while back now, when I decided to learn crochet and make lots of Christmas decorations and gifts. Simple enough to follow with lots of lovely designs in, it has become one of my favourites.
on 13 December 2014
I've made the reindeer but gave him a red and white scarf instead of the bow. I've also made the penguine which looks really cute. the patterns are easy to follow and quick to make, good for beginners or more advanced crocheters.
on 20 March 2014
Stocking filler for my mum who makes things for charity. Has given her inspiration for new ideas for next year though her Ferrero Roche Christmas puddings are going to be hard to beat - over 3000 sold for a pound each for the hospice
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 July 2011
Part of the Twenty to Make series, this little book contains ideas for the Christmas season. The twenty designs use metallic or cotton crochet yarns. You only need small amounts. Most of the designs are very desirable and fun to make and different to the companion knitted christmas book. Designs range from just under 5-10cm (under 2-4 inch) tall so take little time to crochet. There are the usual Christmas characters - snowmen, reindeer, angels in cute designs plus crackers, bells and snowflakes and so on for the Christmas tree. There are also ideas for the fridge, table and gift toppers - this is a good selection. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2011
This is a book full of cute little decorations either for the Christmas tree or table. Some can even be used as original packaging for tiny gifts. Really excellent.
on 6 September 2011
This book is full of great things to make and I think they will make cute little Christmas gifts or pretty additions to my Christmas tree. The instructions look clear and it is a nice touch that the conversion between American and UK terms is part of each pattern, so should help me not to forget and do the wrong stitch.
on 22 December 2013
Easy peasy and can adapt it. Just fun stuff to make, would recommend it. Nice size book to work with.
on 5 April 2014
Lovely patterns and things to make for christmas - as a novice crocheter even I can follow them - great price to add to my collection
on 6 January 2014
great I have made a few am very new to crochet so its taking me a while but I will finish them all by Christmas.
on 29 November 2011
A cheery, great little book! I love working with 4ply, particularly cotton 4ply and the medium suits many of these lovely designs very well. The addition of silver and gold yarns to some designs adds a pretty festive touch.

All the designs look well thought out and the photographs illustrate them to their best advantage.
Very good value for money and a little book one can use time and time again. The finished projects would make super gifts, fancy gift-embellishments and tree/mantle ornaments. They would also be good to sell on charity craft stalls and similar.

I usually alter designs somewhat, but I don't think I'll need to here.