on 22 January 2012
I purchased this book as I am a 'rusty' sewer and wanted a refresher book. I chose this book as I has seen Debbie demonstrate sewing techniques on TV and she explained everything in a jargon free language. I have not been disappointed.. the book is great, so much so I bought another one for my daughter who is learning to sew!
on 28 April 2017
I'm a great fan of Debbie and have several of her publications. This book has very clear instructions for several designs of cushions with words, diagrams and projects for all levels of sewers. Certainly not disappointed with this book, it's definitely up to Debbie's usual standard. A useful addition to a crafter's library.
on 26 June 2017
happy with book, giving me ideas for project, dlivery on time, worth tell family and friends to buy.
on 29 September 2017
good
on 6 November 2015
Hopefully, this will inspire me in my new hobby
on 9 December 2014
great source book
on 18 December 2011
Wow what a fab book. So full of fresh modern ideas to brighten your home using easy techniques with beautiful effects.

You can use any fabrics to make these projects even old duvet covers etc. In todays society designer style cushions are so expensive to buy and i for one, will not spend money on something like that.. but this book has made it possible to make my own individual and unique cushoins and people who see them love them.

I would encourage a complete novice sewer to purchase this book... it has easy to follow instrutions and no technical gargon.. just plain english.... and step by step colour photographs too.

I can promise you will be delighted with this book.

Now i can't stop to write anymore... i'm off to make a couple of cushions for the bedroom :)
on 22 December 2011
This is an excellent first book from Debbie with some stunning cushions that would grace any home. Wonderful photography with extremely clear instructions without any jargon. There are some wonderful ideas to use up your scrap fabrics and for beginners there is an excellent glossary at the back, also has plenty of tips in each section. It is very well written and makes you feel as if you have a friend talking you through each step. A great accompaniment to Debbie's DVDs. I cannot praise this book highly enough and look forward to Debbie's next one.
on 16 February 2012
I have this book its a pick me up book and dip in,a beginner would feel quite at home as well as the more experienced giving plenty of ideas which you can develope, it is very well illustrated, no jargon with easy instructions, achieveable projects no hassle yet looks great when finished, a good little buy you wont be disappointed.
on 27 May 2016
what a lovely book, detailed and easy to follow .......