Format: Misc.|Change

on 15 February 2013
I bought this book because I fell in love with the beret on the front cover. I bought the wool for it specially, and now I find there are mistakes in the pattern. It's all to do with the asterisks involved in pattern repeats. I'm an experienced knitter and I've tried to work it out three times, but finally given up. Life's too short. Very disappointed.
99 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2012
Excellent little book. I think this must be the first pattern book bought when I have liked ALL the patterns and may knit most of them - hopefully! Also, they will make nice Xmas presents (yes, it's on its' way!). I would definitely recommend this book.
on 27 August 2012
Excellent book, just what I was after. Have already completed half the patterns in the book for family and friends, and now making them for their friends, and so it goes on. Very enjoyable to do and a lovely variety.
on 9 September 2012
I love this book, it has lots of lovely patterns. I have made quite a few of them already and have orders from family and friends for more! I would have given it a five except for a couple of small errors.
on 18 November 2012
All the patterns,except babies, are for adults. This is strange as the pictures show lots of children and youngsters. It says just to change wool.
I did and it worked but I have only done the one!
on 18 September 2012
very pleased with my purchase as i've been looking for a beanie hat pattern for a while and now i have lots.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2014
This little book has some lovely hats, including berets, panda beanies and even some lace, but quite a few of the projects are for children, or look a bit…interesting, like the pompom beanie, which has a long knitting string coming from the top with pompoms attached to the end. While this is probably good if you haven’t knitted hats before, I’ve never really been tempted by any of the patterns and it remains at the bottom of my pile, looking rather forlorn.
on 17 December 2012
Easy to follow patterns which turn out exactly as you want them to.Good measurements and fit well too.A pleasure to use this book
on 15 May 2014
It may be small but this book is packed with patterns. I've already knitted some and will do others soon. It is great that you are told how to adapt adult patterns for children and vice versa. This will stay in my craft book shelf for a long time.
on 26 January 2013
enjoyed knitting these beans some are enormous, but as they are for charities and heads come in all sizes, quite happy to knit. good range of patterns.