Top positive review
38 people found this helpful
Great book, with many tips and demonstrations
on 20 August 2012
Although I love Vic Bearcroft's work (and have his excellent wild animal pastel DVD set), I wasn't sure what to expect of this book - usually relying heavily on the 'Look Inside' link! But it's a great book and covers drawing, watercolour, acrylic and pastels / pencils - although obviously none are covered in excessive detail, given that the book is only 128 pages long.
The chapters are:
- Impact: tone and colour
- Getting started
- Big cats (including Step-by-step: Tiger)
- Ungulates (including Step-by-step: Zebra)
- Bears (including Step-by-step: Panda)
- Pachyderms (including Step-by-step: Asian Elephant)
- Great Apes (including Step-by-step: Chimpanzee)
- Canids (including Step-by-step: Wolf)
One feature I found particularly helpful were short sections covering specific things that some people might struggle with - eg. eyes, noses, paws etc. But I'll try to upload a couple of photos from inside the book in a bit...