on 27 January 2013
Considering the amazing things that can be done with beads and wire, most of the patterns in this book are pretty useless. Many patterns are just too small, and many when seen out of context (ie on a keyring or on jewellery as suggested in the book) will just confuse people as it is not obvious what they are.

There are one or two nice patterns - a couple of flowers and a princess and prince charming that may actually be useful. That is how it has managed to earn 2 stars.

I would not recommend this book and am on the look out now for a much better book, with patterns for things I will actually want to make.
on 11 April 2014
very useful easy to read charts I found this on amazon after borrowing it from the library and deciding I needed my own copy! some more advanced projects also in the book! such pretty pictures I love the way the graphics are laid out in the book :)
on 4 February 2013
Lovely clear pictures and diagrams. Not so much a bead weaving technique it is based more on French beading which uses wire. Easy and small projects which take up little time. I made some of the christmas things which turned out really well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 January 2015
I was a bit disappointed with the items shown in this book as they were not what I was expecting. They are all made using 30 gauge wire, which you can see throughout the beadwork, which detracts from the finished article. I also thought that some of the proportions were a bit out of sync with the overall size of the object being made, usually too long and thin to be appealing. This might work better using thread and be more suited to an older child as some of the offerings, in my opinion, look a bit amateurish. There are, however, one or two creations that I might attempt to make and, with some redesigning, others might work and be more pleasing.

On the positive side, the book is crammed with items to make and many would make fun dangles for handbags and glass charms.
on 3 March 2016
Not what I expected. Items are far too simplistic for experienced beaders. Great idea for adding to card making - if that's your thing, as items are very small. Most designs constructed with wire as opposed to thread. Very disappointed as the reviews led me to believe it was better that it actually turned out to be. Have passed it on already.
on 25 July 2013
If you are a semi/experienced beader, this is NOT the book for you. I really couldn't see the point of these "trinkets" and there are so many designs that would be pretty useless for most people. They are mostly flat and one dimensional and did not inspire me at all.
Very disappointing.
on 21 September 2015
Perhaps it's my experience of using Japanese designs, which are always pretty and neat in finish. I found the designs in this book too easy, which is perfect for beginners, but the designs weren't so neat with the finish. I'm very particular about neatness, which is why I wasn't so keen on the designs in this book, and like some readers have mentioned before, the designs can be a bit ambiguous.
on 2 January 2012
Love this book, so much in it and well presented, so easy to understand. Would recommend it to anyone who jewelery makes
on 5 March 2013
A great book with comprehensive instructions. A treasure trove with a great variety of ideas for creating craft items. Keep going back to it for reference.
on 8 January 2015
Simple, small flat patterns, that can be followed by children. I bought one for my six-years-old daughter, as she had one at school, and wanted to have her own. I must admit she is quite versatile, and I am not sure whether I'd be able to follow. :)