Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 January 2012
Very, very impressed with this book as it is so up-to-date with todays machines, now I can get to grips with all the feet sitting nice & neatly in the storage box of my new sewing machine, can't wait to get playing and see what results I get, I can honestly say you will never regret buying this book and for such a bargain price I shall order another for my daughters and their daughters. Go on treat yourself when you think how much 1 sewing magazine costs these days for the cost of 2 magazines you could have this fantastic book that will last for years.
on 27 August 2011
I'm not exactly new to my sewing machine - I've had it for over 25years now and has been in regular usage. However, I was aware that I had become somewhat complacent in its ability. This book has rejuvinated my relationship with my machine and re-ignited my imagination for what I can do with the most basic of machines simply by purchasing a few new 'foot' that are now available that weren't considered back then. I think this is a book for beginners, and also for relaunch of the imagination for more advanced sewers.

Since its arrival I am constantly dipping into it for advice on what I already knew and how to do it better. Also I'm happily expanding on my supply of presser feet for my machine and expanding my horizons and capabilities with great speed.

For me, this book has been worth every single penny and even half-penny of its price.
on 9 September 2011
shows how to use the most common and specialty feet in an easy to follow instructions and great pictures. Finally i can learn how to use my sewing machine feet the right way and actually enjoy using them with confidence.
on 10 June 2012
I have had a sewing machine for the last 40 years and in that time they have changed very radically. I found that this book has shown me how to get the best out of my machine and I thought it so good that I've bought it as a present for a friend much to her delight. I recommend it.
on 1 May 2012
This book is excellent. I have had my sewing machine for years but have never bothered with some of the 'feet'. However this book inspired me to try them and hey presto , my sewing life is easier. So good that my patchwork group have bought a copy for their library.
on 21 October 2011
This book is an ideal reference to sit beside your sewing machine. I have been recommending it to my sewing friends.
Two best selling sewing authors have teamed up to produce a guide to sewing machine accessories. The book starts off with a guide to the essential equipment, including threads, needles and fabric.

It then takes you through the basic sewing machine feet, what they look like and how they work. Each foot gets a 2 page spread with a photographic guide to using the foot, tips and ideas as to what projects you could use it for. The rest of the book takes you into speciality and `fancy stitching' feet using the same format as described before. The book is bright, colourful and easy to follow.

The book ends with a buyer's guide to sewing machines to help you find a machine to suit your needs. This book will help you to get the most from your machine and from those feet that you are often unsure how to use.

This review originally appeared on The Sewing Directory.
on 11 August 2011
This book is a real bonus to anyone who uses a sewing machine. It clearly shows lots of accessories (feet) that are available, and how to use them to expand your sewing skills. For a beginner it will give you the confidence to try new things and for the more experienced person it will encourage you to push yourself even further!
I keep mine with my machine, and refer to it often. Some sewing machine feet can be quite expensive and its a waste to have them and not know how to use them. This book illustrates clearly what goes where and what you can do with it!
I would recomend this to anyone who wants to do more than just stitch in a straight line!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 February 2011
Aimed at all levels, this book helps you to understand that there is a little gadget to get just the effect you want. Simply by changing the foot on your sewing machine and adding an attachment you can do the most amazing things. Everything from the basics to specialised feet, ways with edgings and fancy stitching. Excellent text, photographs and instructions to get the most from your sewing machine. Includes a buyer's guide for sewing machines.This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
I have been using a sewing machine since I was 8 years old. I even spend hundreds on a Bernina 10 years ago but never really got past the standard presser foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot etc. This book is clearly laid out and section by section covers almost every specialist foot for cording, piping, darning, sewing, heming, overlocking etc and how to use them correctly. I learned some new techniques from this book and now my sewing is so much better, My items are finished more professionally and I even invested in a new machine and a whole new range of strange looking presser feet which do the most amazing things.

Buy this, its brilliant!