on 26 March 2012
Whether you are a beginner or an expert you will find this book so interesting you will not want to put it down.It covers all aspects of gold work including some more obscure parts and the projects to do are suitable for beginners to experts.
on 20 July 2012
Now this is a really nice book. It has refreshing new ideas in Goldwork embroidery. I especially liked the use of colour and the projects had a light feel to them. Very inspiring and would highly recommend this one for the library.
on 20 February 2012
This is a wonderful source of information for people who like stitching goldwork or just as a book to look at. There are some lovely small projects to stitch.Goldwork: Techniques, Projects and Pure Inspiration
on 17 February 2012
this book was excellent as all descriptions were very well explained, and
beautifully illustrated. there was agreat saving on this book and I am now
working on a gold work project.
on 2 August 2013
I was astounded by this book, The designs are amazing I didn't know you could make things like insects and birds in this way. I don't know if I could ever afford the materials though as Hazel Everett shows things in real gold thread. But this a a lovely coffee table book if I don't ever make anything , it may be beyond my budget but 1 day I would love to try in the mean time its still a gorgeous book to look through. You do need to have the skill for this book not for beginners
on 18 July 2013
I have done some goldwork but the instructions and information in this book is very useful. There is a good variety of projects and I have already started some bugs.
on 19 November 2011
The book is an excellent resource with beautiful illustrations of very lovely projects. Clear and well written, demonstrating goldwork techniques and materials.
on 17 November 2011
I am enjoying scaning this book, and will find time to the excellent projects. This book has been long awaited.
on 30 July 2015
Fantastic book. Beautiful photos and a really useful reference guide. I knew what I was getting before I ordered it - I bought this when our library's copy 'disappeared', and I can see why it did. The projects are gorgeous, and if they are not quite to your taste then you will definitely find inspiration none-the-less.There are plenty of new techniques to learn in here, and a good introduction to a wide variety of threads. My mum borrowed this off me following a three day Goldwork course with the RSN which we both went on - over four months on and I cannot now pry it off her and will likely need to get a second copy. This book goes way beyond the content of our course, and has excellent coverage of coloured metallic threads too. One of the best books on the subject I have come across.
on 11 November 2012
This is really and truly a beautiful book. It has some beautiful patterns as well as being well written with good instructions. Some lovely pictures and it is a great book to have on the craft shelf.