Customer reviews

on 21 January 2017
Bought as a gift for a friend keen to take calligraphy up as a hobby, on the recommendation of my father who has been doing it for years and recommends it as a great starting point. He still refers to it often, despite having long experience with calligraphy now. My friend was very pleased.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 30 April 2011
The course you need to learn and practice calligraphy in twelve structured lessons. Access when you need to, you will return to this book time and again. All you need to know about getting started, different alphabets and using calligraphy. This is a well thought out book that is nicely presented with good illustrations. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 23 May 2012
This book is a beautifully written and illustrated book. The practice sessions are very helpful and my writing has improved already. It covers lots of different types of calligraphy. I am very pleased with both the book and the service thank you
on 8 May 2012
This simply on of the best Calligraphy book I own and one of the best books for a beginner as is takes you through the basic a stage at a time.
on 27 December 2013
Great starte kit for his value. It was what I was expected both for his quality and his use. I gave it as a gift and he liked it
on 13 August 2012
I was looking for more of a basic everyday 'creative handwriting / calligraphy' book. This book is aimed more for someone who is interested in taking their calligraphy skills much further as it really is quite in-depth, I'm sure if this is what you are looking for it will be perfect for you and you will give it a 5 Star Rating.
on 20 June 2013
It was bought as a gift, she says it was very good. Explanations were clear and the various fonts were displayed well. Instructions were also clear and is a big help to anyone wishing to learn more about such a craft.
on 10 July 2014
Best book with detailed lessons, with classical fonts explained.
on 28 October 2016
This was delivered promptly by the seller, and I am just thrilled to be owning a copy of this excellent calligraphy resource. I am an intermediate learner in pointed pen and wanted to expand my knowledge of broad-edged calligraphy. Kespersaks really walks you through the different hands and his exemplars are detailed, right down to each stroke. It is rare that I order my own copy of a book the day after I check it out from the library, so that pretty much shows the worth of this book.
on 13 January 2015
Too advanced for new beginners, but I'll keep it in the collection for improvers to use