on 10 September 2013
It is a nice little book about sugar fairies. Bt in the end do I really need 20 similar models? I mean when you have seen one instruction to fairies you have seen them all...the rest 19 are just variations of the first one and you can do those without the book. Nice ideas but that's it. I pretty much got the same by looking the front cover. Wish I would have saved the money. My kids liked this though so 3 stars for that.
on 25 July 2012
In all honesty this book was a massive disappointment, none of the fairies look particularly impressive or inspiring and most of them are pretty much the same idea regurgitated throughout the book. Most of them look like they were made by a complete beginner I wouldn't recommend this book I'm afraid.
on 14 October 2011
I have recently started to make cakes to sell so I have been buying books with 'different' things. I ordered this one on Sugar Fairies as they would look nice on a little girl's cake. The book is well illustrated and the descriptions are very good. Instructions are straight-forward enough to follow and you could probably adapt any of the fairies for any occasion. I did find, however, that as I went through the book they all became a bit 'samey'. Obviously there are only so many sugar fairies you can make, and to be honest, some of them looked like miniature cakes, instead of cake decorations.

Overall, good value for money and doesn't take up much space in the cupboard!!!
on 6 August 2010
this book is okay for beginners at modelling. I bought it for my 7 year old grandaughter and think it very good for her.
on 8 July 2011
I always wanted to know how to make icing faries. This little book contains all the basics you need. You can easily adapt the ideas in this book to make other faries or little figures. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to make cakes.
on 5 February 2011
A basic book for experienced cake decorators who may want to purchase the author's more detailed and crafted fairy books. However great for those last minute birthday cake requests. Also great fun for children just starting out with sugarcraft (they may require some assistance). Fun book.
on 19 November 2010
I loved this book the minute I opened it and started to look through. It has such delightful fairies and my problem was trying to find different people to make cakes for to show them off
VINE VOICEon 7 September 2010
I bought this book just to add to my library of 'how to' books for cakes and cake decorating. I was really impressed with it. Although "Twenty to Make" is a little bit of a stretch - yes, there ARE 20 different fairies to make, BUT - I'd say that several of these could just be described as optional variations to the main few designs.

I like the way the author makes use of different sugarcraft cutters to fashion accessories and clothing for the fairies. I do feel that it should be described as 20 different ways to dress up one basic fairy model. That said, it's a useful little book at a good price with plenty of tips and ideas.
on 27 August 2010
I highly recommend this little book. I bought it for my granddaughters to try their hand at making decorations for fairy cakes, and was so impressed by the simplicity and effectiveness of the instructions, clearly described and illustrated, and the gorgeous end result. I'm sure it will become a firm favourite as they increase in competence. It's a slim volume but excellent value.
on 20 April 2014
Not got around to doing any yet, but have a huge collection of books for inspiration for I enjoy making and decorating novelty cakes for the family. I know this will come in useful at some point.