on 22 March 2018
This book is the answer to an Embroiderers Guild conundrum.
To create a postcard sized piece with 2 colours of thread and 2 favourite stitches.
Hah! hadn't a clue where to start - but now, I'm inspired.
What a superb book, so many ideas to run with, so little time to sew them all.
A brilliant tutorial/introduction/taster for ideas and products - can't wait to get started.
VINE VOICEon 11 April 2011
This is an attractive well laid out book with some quite inspiring artwork throughout. I have not actually used it to make stitched postcards but I have used several of the techniques when making small wall hangings. It is very useful to have a book of this type for those moments when you want to do something but the ideas have dried up and need a little inspiration to get you started and who knows, one day I might actually make a stitched postcard. On the whole, I am glad I bought the book, it has some very good ideas that can be adapted to other textile work though I think that someone who is very experienced in this type of work would probably already know all the techniques included and be a little disappointed.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2013
Lots of good ideas, beautiful photographs and I would suggest this is a useful book for beginners and experienced stitchers. There is enough instruction for beginners and lots of ideas for the more experienced to use as starting points. My sewing machine had been gathering dust and this book inspired me to get my threads out, dust down the machine and start rummaging through my sketch pads. Working on postcard sized pieces was just what I needed to get back into the swing.
on 26 August 2017
Generally found this book was overrated. Content drab and didn't feel I found out much more than I knew before.
Very, very thin book.
on 21 March 2018
great book lots of ideas
on 27 October 2013
Such a beautiful book, full of gorgeous pictures, should appeal to artists, embroiderers, craftspeople, etc. and the ideas can be adapted to suit all ages .I've had to buy another copy for a friend who fell in love with my copy as soon as she saw it!
One person found this helpful
on 13 November 2010
A really inspirational book, I liked the idea of trying different materials for each project, with well written step by step guides. I have previous designed and made my own fabric postcards, but was running out of ideas so this book has given me some well needed ideas.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
This book provided a basic overview of different methods for creating postcards. However I would have liked a more comprehensive picture gallery as I am a total beginner.
on 13 March 2015
If you enjoy sewing and embroidery and mixed media you will enjoy this book. Try something different, swap on-line, make new friends.
on 21 November 2013
Full of inspiration and clear instructions are provided. Nothing too complicated and the photographs are wonderful. I just need to find some time now to experiment!
One person found this helpful