on 9 April 2005
Excellent book. Lots of projects - very simple and yet look great. The materials for each project are described as eg. chunky-weight, double knitting etc.. At the back of the book is a description of the yarn actually used including colour & code, needles and tension. All the yarns used are Rowan and Jeager - ENGLISH , not US as a previous reviewer stated. Rowan and Jeager are very easy to find, either at local yarn stores or online.
on 29 May 2006
I saw a pattern of Jeanette Trotman in Simply Knitting Magazine, and I liked it so much that I remembered her name when I saw (and after a quick flick of the pages, bought). Her designs are absolutely gorgeous and the instructions are very thorough; everything you need to understand the projects is pretty much in there . And although they are easy to knit, this accesories look very impresive.
on 6 February 2010
This is a wonderful book, I bought it after deciding to have a go at knitting even though the only knitting I've done previously was as a child twenty years ago!

The book is great, it contains a really useful how to section at the front, which I keep referring to even though I'm now doing other projects.

The book has 30 different projects, these are split into three varying levels of ability. The projects are accessories such as scarfs, hats, gloves, socks and bags. All of them have lovely pictures so you know how the end result should look.

The other useful thing is that at the back of the book it tells you which yarn has been used for each project so if you want to make the exact same knit as in the picture you can.

Really recommend this book, for either knitters who are just starting out and have done a few projects or even if you've never knitted anything before. There is enough variety in this book to make it a worthwhile buy even as you progress it will still be useful!
on 23 March 2009
My daughter recommended this book to me when I hit a difficulty in a complex cardigan pattern; while I am not a 'novice knitter' sometimes I come across stuff I've not done for years and need the clear, practical help my grandmother used to give! This book offers just that; its extremely attractive presentation and funky design projects are an added bonus.I've already used the classic glove pattern. I would recommend it to anyone who likes, or wants to try, knitting.
on 16 April 2010
I was hoping for more intresting designs that would apeal to teenagers/ young women somthing more funky, however i will use some designs for christmas presents. Ideal for beginners.
VINE VOICEon 31 December 2004
- only let down by using US yarns not very well described so yarn subsistution is more difficult.