TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 March 2011
Probably you'll get this recommended anyway.

But if you're doing PTLLS and you want extra help, this is the book to get. Get your copy at the BEGINNING of the course as you'll find its usefulness diminishes as the course goes on. I brought my own copy rather than a library version as it enabled me to make margin notes.

It's one of the least expensive books you'll have suggested and I think probably the only one you may need to own. The other course books I borrowed from the library or didn't bother reading; this one was, it turned out, a great help. On the course understanding what needed to be done was, for non-academics like me, sometimes confusing, this book helped illuminate the path and clarify issues.

Using this book I got the PTLLS qualification at level 4 easily.
on 20 November 2009
This book accompanies the course that I am on at the moment. The course itself is comprehensive, but there`s only so much you can take in during the lesson. I found this book a valueable resource for required coursework tasks. It is well laid out, following the course through its stages. I am so glad the tutor suggested it and I would strongly recommend having a copy for anyone taking this qualification.
on 25 January 2016
Delivered quickly, exactly as described, thank you
on 16 September 2013
The book did not at all engage with me and could have made more use of alternative media to convey the information about the subject(s) it covers. It's all in there, just not in a way you would expect an apparently progressive book on teaching to display... Maybe it is targeted at existing teachers looking to move into LLS but as someone with professional training background looking to expand my skills, I did not find that the book helped very much at all...
on 11 December 2015
Worthwhile, if you are training to teach in FE
on 25 February 2017
Good book
on 29 May 2013
Did not do the course so it would be wrong of me to comment. Alas teaching teenagers who do not want to learn other tha copying from Google is not for me.
on 1 April 2010
This is a much needed book on the Preparing to Teach in the lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLs) course. I used it as a point of reference or for quotes in nearly everything I did! and it's great for summarising all those long, and boring teaching theories. Very accessible.
The book itself arrived quickly and in great condition. It was the best price too.
on 11 November 2015
Mislaid my copy of this book. Very useful for qualification assignments.
on 29 November 2012
Bought as was advised by my tutor, thankyou tutor!!! Love it, very easy to follow and written by a normal person so very very understandable and agreeable.