on 29 May 2015
I recommend this book for anyone studying mental health,it was a great help in understanding the mental health legislation and relating theory to practice for my mental health module on my degree in social care studies.
on 25 September 2010
I have just read this book as preparation for AMHP training and it is an excellent and clear introduction to mental health law and the role of the AMHP. Recommended for anyone thinking of becoming an AMHP, or indeed anyone working in the field of mental health and wishing to understand the legal complexities.
6 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2013
A 'must have' read for anybody training as an AMHP. It explains the relevance of the MHA (1983) with regards to the AMHP's role in the community. The book is easy to read and understand, unlike The Mental Health Act Manual by Jones!
on 22 October 2016
Received as stated
on 4 October 2010
Excellent presentation and essential reading for the training AMHP's and seasoned professionals alike. Carry it with you!
on 8 March 2012
Rob's a crazy guy and his mind never stops whirring as evidenced by this comprehensive smorgasboard of mental health ephemera; this is a must read for all those interested in the minutae of mental health legislation, thanks to Rob, I can say that never again will I be illegally detained.
on 1 November 2014
Informative
on 16 August 2009
Excellent book which is a must for my job.Easy to read and presents the Mental Health Act in a very readable form.
on 6 November 2011
What can I say. Rob writes with the same enthusiasm as he delivers his training course. Recently I was mistaken for him. Probably because we are both fat, grey haired, and loud.
on 9 November 2009
I'm new to the subject and find this to be a great aid to learning. I especially like the tables and the multiple choice questions.