Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 2 September 2010
War comics are never going to be great literature but they have whiled away many a hour at school or travelling. They combine the manly virtues with a fierce sense of right. There is a reasonable dollop of xenophobia, but the topic is after all war. What I did find impressive was the range of stories, not just Japanese ("Aieeeee") or Germans ("Schweinhund") but Maoris, Turks, Indonesians and the Viet-Cong get on the wrong side of our Antipodean mates; and as for the British......
on 18 May 2008
Although the stories in this book are some of the best commando stories written, please be aware that these stories are exactly the same titles as in another hard backed commando book entitled, THE BEST 12 AUSSIE AND KIWI WAR STORIES EVER.
on 24 October 2013
I have a number of these comic book collections, and this one easily matches up to any of the others. I started reading these as a boy 50 years ago, and reading them again now brings back memories of a very happy childhood. I know the storylines are often repeated, and the ending usually fairly predictable, but so what? They're still an exciting read for small boys of any age.
on 10 July 2009
Exellent Value and a great read brings back my Childhood and now my son is enjoying the stories
on 22 November 2013
Nice to see some different stories I haven't read before. Also good to see the less glorious sight of war covered, and done well.
on 13 December 2013
RECOMMENDED RETAILER WILL DEFO USE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE AND I HOPE MY CUSTOM IS ALWAYS WELCOME.. ? 5 STARS *****
on 1 October 2014
excellent value
on 30 November 2015
Enjoyed
on 13 March 2009
I am an avid collector of these graphic novels and my wife prefers the bigger sized versions as they clutter the place up less!!

I normally have a few issues over the graphics but this has all the better cartoonists in it!