on 16 November 2011
This book is a great resource for those studying or interested in photography. I covers a lot of the pioneers of photography. The image quality is superb and the book contains small biography for each of the featured photographers.
on 17 April 2012
I had a version of this book when I fell in love with Photography twenty years ago; this version is every bit as full of surprising moments. I use it with my A level Photography students and they love it, there is always something to amuse or inspire and all the old masters are there too. A great present for a photographic student and essential reading / browsing for any new enthusiast.
on 13 March 2009
I have thoroughly enjoyed basking in the splendor of this amazing and distinct photographic art. It depicts scenic depth and truly conveys a telling narrative beyond any utterance. Whilst the images stand alone the accompaning history greatly enhances the perspective of the story told. I was truly captivated.
on 11 June 2014
But get the full size version so you can open it properly and appreciate the images. I accidentally bought the small one and it won't open sufficiently without breaking the spine, which is annoying.
on 31 January 2013
If you are tempted by this book, buy it! You can't go wrong, at this price it's worth having on the shelf for occasional use. Inspirational, to use an awful Americanism.
on 27 November 2012
Everything as expected, will buy again.. I give five stars for going beyond expectations and problem solving, here no problem.
on 14 June 2011
Small pages and the crease goes across a lot of photos but it's cheap and a lot of photographers are represented.
on 6 January 2013
Smaller than I expected but packed with photos and info! Well worth adding to my book collection ! ! !
on 17 January 2012
the book is too small than I imagine . I would like to know the size and the number of pages , before I purchased that book.
on 9 July 2015
Nice small book, easy to carry about.