Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 July 2005
My son adores this book! He is 1 1/2 and literally cries to have this book above all books to be read for him. Honestly I bought it for me, because many children's books are quite dull and lack humor. On more than one occasion I have brought this book out to show other Mom's and they frantically write down the ISBN code to order this book. Have fun reading it!!!!
on 4 February 2005
This is my favourite kids' book of all time. It's interactive in the sense that the reader can pretend to be the bus driver and the pigeon and the readee can then shout no at the pigeon in response to all his requests. It's funny, brilliantly drawn and my daughter likes it too. Buy it immediately
on 15 November 2004
My 2 year-old loves this book (shouting "No!" every time the pigeon asks to drive the bus) and we all enjoy reading it to him, including my 6 year-old son. It's a simple idea which really works (good illustrations, too).
on 2 July 2007
This is not a book that you can read quietly to your chld at night - it demands interaction from both reader and recipient and once the child has got the gist of what they need to do it is really good fun!

Would certainly recommend it to those who maybe are a bit shy of reading in front of their children as a great way to engage (great for Dad's!)

My 3 yr old loves it and once my 1 yr old is off his Thomas obsession I'm sure he will too.

The illustrations are fabulous, maybe a bit too subtle in some cases for my 3 yr old to get the entire gammet of emotions that pigeon expresses... makes it good for re-reading adults.

You need to really get into the book to get the most out of it, so it can be demanding in that it's not one you can read on auto-pilot. Will have to get some more Mo Williams!
on 8 July 2004
This book is excellent! Great to join in with and makes us laugh everytime we read it.
on 15 December 2007
amazing piece of literary genius! I am 36 and think this book is awesome. Interactive, alternative humour and a bulwark against twee storylines. I even introduced it my head of department who was immediately won over (although he bought it for his children instead). On a purely critical level, i consider it to be the more superior of all the "pigeon" offerings; however "don't let the pigeon stay up late" is a worthy contender. The series starts to peter off after this one.
on 17 March 2016
I was NOT a fan of this book. I have always been fascinated by animals driving transport, and this gave me little insight into the possibilities of it happening.

Why shouldn't we let pigeons drive a bus? Should we make them sit at the back of it? Disgusting. Even Stalin, or my future wife Rose, wouldn't have approved of this.

Best wishes,
Robin
on 5 December 2005
My sons (5 and 2 yrs. old) absolutely adore this book. They laugh at the pigeon who is just begging to drive that bus. The pigeon reminds them of themselves when they try to get their way... and you should see how they love to be able to yell "no!!!" to the pigeon. The simple drawings are delightful and communicate the pigeon's comic and complex emotions. I read this to a class of 4 and 5 yr olds who laughed and shouted and wanted to hear it again and again! An excellent book that will certainly be adored by parents and children alike.
on 27 June 2007
My wife bought this and when I read it I looked at her stony faced and suggested we send it back. At first sight it's the oddest thing. Really strange. We tried it on our girls 2 & 4, and they loved it from the start. Laugh out loud, giggly, silly fun. Now they know it word for word, read it back to me and shout "No" at every page. I still don't get it though!
on 18 November 2004
I am not a child but I think this is the funniest book I have read in a v long time!!! My friend and I were in hysterics in the middle of the shop. Seriously. Buy it for anyone with a sense of humour. Don't leave it to the kids! The pigeon is so cute! Will you give in to him?.....