on 6 November 2015
This, along with the 2 sequels "Where's My Teddy?", form a short trilogy that young readers will love; firstly being read to, then reading it themselves. The illustrations are excellent and the rhyming text a good vehicle for literacy work. I used the three when teaching and now buy them as gifts. It's a shame the original covers have been changed (Why?) and not quite so 'pickupable' but they're still must haves!
One person found this helpful
on 19 May 2017
A sequel to 'Where's my Teddy?'. My 18 m grandson loves this book but initially rejected it in favour of the first one which has less text. Now he has to have all three 'Eddy and the Bear' books read to him at least once a day. The graphics are great for a small child, though I have to say those in the first books are the best. My grandson likes searching the pictures for the small teddy.
on 8 February 2018
I loverd reading this book to my children. wanted a gift and thought of this book. when you read to children you have to enjoy it aswell this is one of those books that pleases both.
on 8 February 2013
A fun, funny book, lovely story, told in rhyme. Kids love having it read to them and I love reading it to them. There are 2 more in the series, It's The Bear and My Friend Bear, both of which are every bit as enjoyable as this one. I read these books to my sons 10 years ago and I've just read them to my friend's daughter and they're still as fresh as the first time. Highly recommended.
on 26 October 2015
Great book. ...just love this story..
Bought for great nephew who was 5months at the time but it's good to start with books early!! Arrived in in good in good time in good time and in good time and was well wrapped.
on 8 May 2016
A delightful story, the children laughed at the words and illustrations.
on 29 December 2013
I love this book. Jez Alborough books are an absolute pleasure to read out loud. They're as funny for adults as for kids and the pics are wonderful. Where's my teddy is my favourite but this is great.
on 17 May 2015
My son (2.5 years) loves these books. I appreciate the plot and the emotions that go with the characters and he really does get excited, every time we read the book.
on 6 December 2015
LOVE THIS BOOK SOOOOO MUCH!! I have read this to all my children and bought it for others. Bring on the grandchildren...in a few years or so.
on 18 April 2013
We love this book. It's one of the best children's books out there... although beware that it may frighten some fear-prone children (it's not a scary book - we have a very timid niece who was frightened by the whole bear concept, but our daughter loved it from the age of 2!)