on 17 September 2006
At long last, there are some Maisy books with a little more plot development! The familiar characters are all still there, but the story is longer, the concepts are marginally more complex (!)and there is so much more to discuss on each page.

What this means is that we can continue our love affair with Maisy and her assorted collection of hangers-on even though we are over two and no longer sufficiently stretched by all the wonderful, though very simple, "stories" in the board books that we were reading last year.

In this book, Maisy and the gang go camping, have trouble erecting the tent, sing songs around the campfire and, predictably, discover that they just can't all fit in the tent to sleep! How will they all manage?

I look forward to some more in this series, so that I can continue to indulge my weakness for Maisy and read them with my youngest daughter even though she is nearly two and a half.
on 14 May 2015
Camping with friends is a lot of fun so when Maisy decides to go camping she invites all her friends. Everyone pitches into help put up the tent and then one by one they all squeeze in. Will they all fit?

A delightful, brightly illustrated book for young children. Maisy has been a favourite of ours for years. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on 25 June 2013
Present for my friends kid before they went camping to help their little one prepare, they also took it with them and he loved the story and was able to relate to maisy camping experience.
on 10 May 2011
My 3 year old daughter loves Maisy. Bought this book as other reviews said it was a longer story, which is nice as we get through the "one line per page" board books far too quickly. The illustrations are lovely and colourful as always. We particularly like the squashing and squeezing into the tent parts (you can imagine the sound effects!)A good buy!
on 7 May 2011
I bought this maisy book for my 3yr old little girl for easter and we have just started collecting these books,maisy goes camping is a lovely book and my daughter loves it and i do too! i often read reviews as they do help me make decisions and id say "buy it"
on 28 October 2009
My 2 year old just loves listening to the CD while looking at the book ! She starts repeating whole sentences and loves all the funny noises the narrator makes along the story.
Very pleasant to listen to and very catchy for young kids !
on 31 October 2012
very impressed with this story! By far the best Maisy story! Involved other Maisy characters, which actually made it more enjoyable to read!
on 18 February 2013
My daughter (2 years old) absolutely loves 'Maisy Campfire'!
I really recommend it for people with young children who look story CDs.
on 7 December 2012
This has been one of my daughters favourite books. It is so entertaining for little ones. I would say she liked it from age 1.5 or 2.
on 19 October 2011
Love maisy's books always big hit for a bed time story. We have few of them and they are my son's first choice with the peppas books.