Customer reviews

Knuffle Bunny
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2012
I bought this product on recommendations I found on the internet, and I was happily surprised when the book arrived. The story centres on the dad taking his toddler to the laundry and forgetting the bunny in the washing machine. Much to the displeasure of the child. They rush back and find the bunny and all is right again. A simple story that has comical elements and is easy to read and understand. The quality of the printing is very high, much higher than I expected from the view on Amazon. The pages are nice and glossy and the illustrations are a very stylised mix of a soft black and white picture (background) with colourful drawings of the main characters on top. My daughter liked the story, though after we accidentally left her own bunny at the grandparents, she know regards it as a bit 'scary' (it is not, but to a 3-year old, the loss of her favourite teddy is angst-inducing!). The fun is two-ways, you recognise the situations and the humour, even if the story appears more straight forward to the little one. It is a story you will find good fun for occasional reading and your toddler will recognise and understand the situations presented.

Pros:
Visually attractive
Graphic design - a gentle introduction to the little one of this type of art
Good quality printing
Easy to understand situations
Fun humour for both parent and child

Cons:
There's no real moral lesson to be learnt here - it a simple story of losing and finding a toy
I don't think you would want to read this story again and again - most suitable for occasional reading
on 17 August 2006
I really enjoyed this this story of parental misunderstanding, and so did my son of three. His baby sister is just learning to talk and he was hysterical with laughter at Trixie's attempt to communicate and every time we read it shouts "Aggle Gaggle Flaggle" at the appropriate moment. I think the story is very easy for children of all ages to relate to: that your parents don't always understand you. There are lots of details my son picked out on multiple readings; the photos on the wall of Trixie's parents as backpackers, newlyweds, and then exhuasted new parents; that Americans say laundromat not launderette; the emotions on Trixie's daddy's face depicted so accurately. But fundamentally it works as a strong narrative of adventure, crisis, and redemption told with rhythym and repetition in a way children who are barely old enough to talk can enjoy.

Like all good texts it does work on several levels and from a parent's perspective it is so true and funny I guarantee you will laugh aloud in empathy.
on 11 March 2017
Our three-year-old thinks this book is hilarious! The pictures are nice - it's a cool mix of photography and illustrations.
on 30 September 2010
We bought this copy to replace our very worn and well loved previous copy. My children have loved this book since they were 12 months old and at 4 and 3 years old they now read it themselves - with 'snurp' being a particular favourite expression.

I have given this book to numerous friends whose children have all loved it. The combination of wonderful drawings by Mo Willems against the backdrop of black and white photographs of Brooklyn are great and rarely seen.
on 19 June 2017
Good story and production. Loses a star for being a bit sexist - Dad doesn't always get it wrong!
on 12 January 2015
Bought as it was needed for school but not the greatest story, wouldn't have been my choice
on 1 January 2018
cute very relative story
on 26 November 2015
My son's favourite book by far. He struggles speaking and he clearly identifies himself with Trixie. Very well written too!
on 2 August 2017
Mo Willems books are fabulous! This is a favourite in our household and never gets old.
on 12 April 2015
I have sent you before my opinion about this book very good book for children who like rabbits.!!