on 20 March 2012
The manual is essential, I've bought one for every car I've had. However as always the numbering on pages and sections is not very conventional so it's not always easy to find what you're looking for (especially if you're not used to these manuals). Also guides for procedures aren't very through, they miss steps and sometimes assume too much, such as you have a full size garage with all the tools of a mechanic. To sum up, very useful but no better than any other Haynes I've ever used.
on 25 February 2010
I bought this workshop manual a month back before i tackled a few small car jobs. I found it useful as a guideline but found the black and white photos accompanying the text to lack some clarity of detail. The other problem with these manuals is they do not carry a list of tools which you require to complete a task....which necessitated a visit to my local autofactors for some tooling i later realised was needed. Why Haynes do you not provide a list of tools required for specific tasks?
The other snag with this manual is the Vectra was facelifted in late 2005 and the facelifted car is conveniently covered by a newer manual which is not available yet!!!(supposedly January 2010?) Why can't we download a supplement for this updated manual from the Haynes Website after paying for the only available manual at the time?
Overall not a bad guideline, but what other options are available to the DIY car repairer?
on 13 September 2010
I'm no mechanic, some of this stuff is well beyond my capabilities but it is great to have an insight into how various bits work (or not), more importantly it tells you how to remove and replace parts without causing even more damage! If it helps you do just one job it will have probably pay for itself many times over!
on 22 March 2011
A must for any Vectra Owner - has helped me to change the oil, filters etc on my car. Also helps diagnose any problems I think my car has before speaking to a mechanic. Money well spent
on 14 August 2012
Paid about £15 - 20 for this book. I only had to use it a couple of times (oil change, problem with engine coolant leaking) to get my money's worth. Probably saved about £50 in not having to to pay for a Mechanic to do the work.

I also fitted a towbar to my car and I saved a fortune just by studying the wiring diagrams instead of paying an Auto-Electrician.

As ever, these books are well worth it - a couple of DIY jobs and they pay for themselves.
on 5 November 2016
The manual arrived on time and is as described used but in good condition. Not allot I can say it's a good guide if you're maintaining your vehicle with very useful information. The pictures are in black and white and would have been much better in colour. The manual doesn't give you the socket and torx bolt sizes which would have been really useful. All said and done, I'm pleased with the manual and now have the confidence to change brake discs and pads etc.
on 9 September 2010
I am by no means a qualified mechanic but after reading this book I now have a great understanding of how my car works and what I can attempt to maintain in my own time vs sending it a garage to be fixed/serviced. A must have book, if you have the time and inclination, to keep your car well maintained!
on 30 September 2011
Good book but not up to usual Hynes standard. It covers all the diesel and petrol engines, which is good, the trade off seems to be less detail, pictures and explanations. This relegates the book to being just as good as all the others, not my usual expectations from Hynes.
on 10 July 2013
its great , well written i n great detail, what you would expect from Haynes.
pity it didn't cover the signum, there are too many engine variances for my liking would have better split into petrol/diesel..
on 22 March 2013
You get what you pay for with a Haynes rather than a workshop manual so could never complain as the lower cost reflects this. Wish I could find something describing the Vauxhall LPG system.