on 15 May 2008
This brand new book contains everything you need to know about Radio Controlled Cars. The pictures are bright and informative with detailed descriptions of all the important parts. My nephew really wanted to get a radio controlled car and this book helped him make the choice between electric and nitro and whether to go for on road or off road. Even if you think you know everything there is to know I am sure you will learn something from this book. I would highly recommend it!
on 21 July 2008
I bought this book in order to get back into RC cars after a 17 year absence. This book helped me sort out potential problems before I even bought my new car, and gave vital guidelines as to choosing the right equipment for my application. Also, it gives pro advice on almost everything related to RC cars, absolutely brilliant!
on 13 May 2016
I expected more from a Haynes manual. It has very little on large scale RC (1/8 and 1/5) and virtually nothing on petrol engines. It's dominated by battery and nitro. Not much cop for a serious amateur but ok for a young adult or a newbie.
on 18 December 2015
I bought this book as a gift for my son. Although it is still parcelled up, when it came, I was very impressed with the quality of the book in relation to its presentation, photography and information. I don't profess to know anything about R/C cars, but had I been, I am sure this book would have provided me with a good deal of useful information to enable me to look after my R/C cars and get the best from them. As it is a Haines book, I know they are very well respected in relation to diy on full size cars. I can only believe that the same will go for R/C cars but on a smaller scale.
on 3 January 2012
Bought this as a Christmas present for an RC Car mad teenager. He thought it was great and it has kept him amused and entertained all over the Christmas holiday. He now shares all the bits of knowledge he has learnt from the book.
on 9 October 2008
This book looks very good but is very dissapointing. I am new to r/c and was hoping it would help me with tips on my build, but it doesn't. Tips like buy decent tools I can pretty much guess on my own. Photos of built cars racing look very nice but don't help me put mine together. The instructions from Tamiya, although not brilliantly clear, proved more help than this book. It is very scant on detail and the focus is much more on nitro than electric. Now that I have built my r/c car what can I do to tune it; well I don't know because the book doesn't discuss bearings, motors, or any other upgrades. Use the kit instructions and if you get stuck try the internet for tips. This is not a Haynes manual as you might be expecting where there are detailed build instructions. Save yourself some money and buy a set of metal bearings to upgrade the plastic ones you get as standard - that should add some speed to your car.
on 19 July 2014
If your a beginner it covers most stuff to give an insight into a fascinating hobby if you like cars. if your an old geezer like me you don't feel like a complete numbnuts talking to younger or people who are experienced in this pastime.
on 9 December 2008
I bought this book (well in fact my girlfriend did) as I love reading RC magazines. I noticed this one was written by the Editor of RC Racer which my favourite mag. It is like an extended version of their Racer specials and follows a similar format.

Matt Benfield goes into detail on all the aspects of RC racing and fun and I think the excellent photographs also make this book.

It's great to see RC represented in print and would recommend this for people getting into RC cars as well as seasoned veterans.
on 30 April 2013
Doesn't cover as much as you would expect from the description, mainly not quite as technical as I was hoping for probably not bad if you have bought an electric car as does explain a fair bit but doen't go into any detail about nitro models and to my mind only gives an introduction to everything else. If you know nothing and have an electric car then possibly worth buying but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who like myself is new to radio control cars but having read a bit on the internet have learnt the basics, but now wants to go into more detail on setting up a new car or modyfing it.
on 29 January 2013
Firstly item was dispatched quickly and arrived 3days later with supersaver delivery. My 5 year old son likes a page read to him every night as he is very into remote control cars. Its very informative and we hav learnt a lot from it