on 17 December 2006
I didn't realise just how much character this guy has; he normally seems like a bit of a machine. This book gives a bit of background on the man behind the legend and its well worth a look if you want to know more about him and the way he has matured into the person he now is.
on 20 April 2007
I was hoping for more - a bit of the man and his thoughts. Why the obsession, the absolute need for winning and so on. The book is not about that. It is a collection of old and more recent testimonies, race by race, from 1994 to 2006. It becomes somewhat boring after a while - 249 races described.

For those of love F1 like I do, you will remember plenty of those races, more than you care to admit.

Strangely, I can almost swear that the mighty man - Schumi himself - was not interviewed for the book. And that is strange, hence the book lacks a lot of true insights from M Schumacher.

Nevertheless, good reading for true F1 addicts. I enjoyed it.
on 27 November 2011
I cannot believe that Schumi would have allowed this endless, boring, monotonous, repetitive list of results to come out and under the pretence of it being about him? I kept reading and kept reading thinking that there must be some reason for it. After all, the book is called The Whole Story? I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why anybody should want this book......unless of course, they foolishly think (as I did) that, with it being called The Whole Story, it might be the whole story about the great man eh?!?! PS I am fascinated now, to find out if this list writer refers to himself as an author!!! lol
on 1 July 2009
Having written a bio of Senna I thought Hilton might provide the sort of insight into the character of Michael Schumacher that is appropriate to a person of his extraordinary accomplishments.

I was wrong. Hilton has no, or little insight into Schumacher's thinking. Indeed it may be he never met him. The book is mostly stories of the important races in Schumacher's career which of course as as devoted F1 GP fan, I am more than acquainted with.

I bought another book which I mistakenly thought was written by Jean Todt. It was better but again peripheral stuff to the man itself. I know the stories - I'm looking for insight into the man. Still to come it seems. A typically private anglo-saxon.
on 9 January 2008
Don't waste your money on this book.
I received two Michael Schumacher books for Christmas. This one and the EXCELLENT James Allen one titled MS:The Edge of Genius.
I gave Hilton's book 70 pages but could give no more. I have put it down never to be read by me again. What a tiresome piece of rubbish written by what appears to be a lazy hack. What astounds me is that Hilton has written so many books on Formula 1 drivers.
Hilton's book is nothing more than a tedious race by race, corner by corner account of Schumacher's brilliant career.
How can book about such a tremendous figure be so boring? It's almost as if Hilton sat down and watched the old races on video and has merely written what he has just viewed.
Contrast this with James Allen's excellent book. Allen's is truly insightful filled with interviews and comments from fellow drivers and others in the know. Allen's book is such a terrific read that I really had trouble putting down.
on 10 March 2009
Had this bought as a present, it is an excellent read very detailed but not too stat driven, charts michaels career from early karting days to formula one. Has a good mix of race reviews and quotes from the F1 community. An ideal purchase for Michael Schumacher fans.
on 26 November 2012
We are great fans of this brilliant driver and this is a good read. DSadly he retires from F1 drivin this season, we will miss him but can always re read the book.
on 7 January 2015
I have read this & it gives an insight of what life was like with Michael. I enjoyed it.
on 6 September 2014