on 14 September 2007
A brilliant compilation of high quality and artistic photographs of the era. Each photo is backed by concise but interesting text as well as each year having a summary and a page showing results.

Highly recommended

If you like this format then "Formula 1 in camera 1970-1979" is just as good.

If you're interested in this era (the 80's) try "The turbo era" by Alan Henry. Excellent
on 1 January 2012
The 70s and 80s were my era in F1 so the images in this book are both stunning in quality and bring back a whole range of memories with plenty of notes to help the ageing brain! For me a 'must buy' for any F1 fan (unless you have the Autocourse series of course!!)
on 1 July 2008
This is just one from a great series of books on motor sport in years past (the exception being the BTCC).

Good use of images and informative extended captions mean it is easy to browse and you will learn something each time. Background details from a clearly knowledgeable and enthusiastic author bring the machines, personalities and period to life.
on 20 March 2014
I choosed this book because I think 80's Formula 1 is the best era, at least the one that I could witness myself.
I had no chance at all to catch a glimpse of the book before buying but the name Schlegelmilch is a guarantee of satisfaction and excellent work. I was right and not let down when I received the book, it is really worth every penny!!!
One to buy, fast!
on 17 June 2010
Fantastic book, we bought it as a gift for our friend , he was delighted.It was delivered to our door(we live in Menorca) within 5 days of purchase.We cannot fault the book or the service from Amazon. Thank you .
on 25 April 2013
Like all the other books in this series, this one is superb. With outstanding photographs and really good in depth captions this book is a "must have" for Formula 1 addicts.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse