on 17 August 2016
Best bike book ever written. Constantly updated with each new edition, and explanations really clear. I consider myself a good bike mechanic now, and most of what I learned was from here. The photos are fantastic. If you want to learn bicycle mechanics, this is the book for you
on 2 February 2016
Not very detailed, very basic stuff. Which is great for novice getting started with home mechanics, but there are better options available for free on the internet. The better bicycle tool companies provide good advice and tutorials on their own websites and many others run by enthusiasts. If you want more detailed book go for the American tool manufacturer version (blue one).
on 23 May 2016
Really useful book for a bike owner. This book is hardback and has been used a lot by my husband when fixing his bike. He says the explanations are easy to understand and the illustrations are clear. I would recommend this book although it is a bit more bulky than I was imagining when I bought it.
on 9 December 2014
Very good book for the price paid.Recently got back into cycling again to help my arthritic knees.So needed some info on modern mountain bikes.I used to fix/build my own bikes has a youngster.But they did not have suspension forks etc,so needed to brush up on some things.

I get the drift from reading then look on youtube for a better look.Glad I bought it.
on 11 January 2016
My bike made father loves this book, it's become a bit of a bible for him! It tells you everything you'd need to know about repairing, maintaining and upgrading elements on your bicycle. A quality book as you'd expect from Haynes.
on 17 August 2009
If you are new to cycling or have not cycled since your teenage years (like me), and are looking to 'get into cycling', do yourself a favour and read this book before 'investing' in a cycle that does not really suit your needs. It starts with the absolute basics such as the pros and cons of different styles of cycles, how to set them up and what sort of kit is required. I trawled many magazines for months, and would have learnt more from this book in one weekend.

Routine maintenance appears well-covered (but I am a re-born novice!). Whilst other reviews point out this book's limitations for 'higher-end' users, it will take me a couple of seasons at least to reach those limits. And in the mean time, I will have got the most out of my current cycle.

Cheap at the price!
on 16 March 2017
Books fine, I have been using my sons later edition and this one doesn't cover later Bike components. I have to return the later edition but I am sure I can mange with this Book. ^_______^
This book really covers all levels of bike ownership and maintenance - from the correct position to sit on your bicycle, to which kind of helmet to choose. These basics are a tad annoying but there are also helpful guides to all levels of maintenance, from cleaning the chain to stripping and rebuilding gear sets.
Colourful, thorough and reasonably priced, this is ideal for anyone wishing to carry out their own basic maintenance; even if they struggle to complete supposedly simple tasks - like me!
on 11 March 2009
I decided to build a bike and not knowing much about how I thought it useful to buy some books on the matter... This was by far the most used of the three I bought. It's not perfect and there are bits missing but from a newbie standpoint this is excellent. Others I bought included the Zinn book and the Bicycle Repair book. The Zinn book is too wordy and the Repair book I just didn't like. It's useful having all three plus the internet and the Park Tool website too...
on 13 August 2012
I got this book after a failed attempt at buying a different cyling repair book.
I am pleased with this book it looks easy to understand and like the car manuals goes into great detail with easy and full explanations how to fix things.
I had a problem with the book being stuck on Amazon system and not being dispatched but once this was sorted it arrived in two days, 2 days before the estimated date.
Brilliant.