Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 13 January 2011
I bought this for my six-year-old son who was reluctant to do maths homework. This has really inspired him and seems to follow the curriculum as it matches some of his homework tasks and targets. I have bought several others in this Letts series and fully recommend them for reluctant schoolboys/girls or those who simply don't have the confidence to try maths problems. Everything is spelt out clearly and offers encouragement with stickers for every challenge.
on 9 March 2011
The illustrations for this book are lovely and updated from the previous Little Wizards series. The maths inside is fairly standard for a 7 to 8 year old with addition, subtraction, 2d shapes, multiplication, simple fractions, rounding numbers, 3d shapes and a little on measuring capacity.

My daughter loved the stickers and was inspired to complete the tasks to put her stickers in the enchanted forest at the back
All in all, this book was good value and did as I expected
on 5 December 2012
I bought this book for my 10 year old son (along with the Enchanted English book) when he was close to the end of year 5. There were about 16 double page spreads of work to complete. Most began by introducing a concept (e.g. the box method for long multiplication) then there were a series of questions to do, but not so many it became boring! From a parent's point of view it was interesting to see how much my son could do and also to see what he hadn't been taught in school which we could then catch up with. If he hadn't already known the majority of the material, it would have been hard to learn it just using this book and he would probably have got rather demoralised (and I would have got rather worried!), but it was good for some revision, for making maths fun and learning a few new ideas.
on 13 August 2013
As I said in the title of this review, a very well written book. It introduces a lot of new learning in a fun way children can relate easily to. There are characters they follow throughout the book that keep the learning fun, and stickers to place on their "world" as a reward for good work. There's a lot more intense learning than in key stage one books, but this book keeps it light and explains everything very clearly. I would definitely recommend this book for any parent wishing to keep their child ahead of the game.
on 19 February 2014
When you have to be forced to do maths practice as in the case of my son, these books have proved a welcome change. He actually loves them and the theme of wizards and magic throughout has almost left him forgetting that he is actually doing maths.

He is working through them at speed and has asked for the others in the series.

Very highly recommended!
on 25 March 2013
Bought for a 6 year old who loves maths. He could do some of the sums on his own but needed guidance on some activities, before he could complete them. Nicely illustrated with a good variety of activities.
on 2 November 2011
My son is in love with this book, and now does his school reading with the promise of a page of maths afterwards! The book seems to flow logically, and the tasks are small enough that if tired, he can just do one, or if it is the weekend he can do a full 2 page spread.

At the end of each double page the child has to find a sticker and put it on the map at the back of the book, which they love to do, and there are plenty of other stickers so the rewards can just keep flowing!

It has increased my son's confidence when approaching maths problems. I have bought other books in the series on the back of my experience with this book (which appear to be equally good).
on 4 September 2012
great book to keep kids up with their work during holidays, if you can get them to sit down and do them. It is a lot more interesting than others I have looked at. It covers lots of area's and has a paragraph at the begining that explains the page so good for revision and going over things again and again.
on 5 July 2013
I bought this book to help my child with their mathematics. This book complimented the school curriculum very well and was adapted for her age. I recommend this series of books for fun learning.
on 9 February 2013
Bought this to take on holiday. It was great and far cheaper than the high st, very impressed. My maths mad step daughter also really enjoyed completing the activities.