on 4 January 2014
A must-read for anyone who thinks stories of human suffering and degradation in wartime are an exaggeration. Lest we forget.
on 14 October 2013
great book have read many similar books but this will rate among the best well written you feel the horrors they endured
on 24 July 2013
true account of a P O W in the far east on the Burma railway and then the ships taking them to Japan.
on 23 December 2013
I chose this book because I am very interested in history, of all kinds. Also, the regiment John served in is the same one as my grandfather and uncles served in - the East Surreys.
I liked the book because it was very factual, very readable and I would recommend it to anyone else.
on 29 August 2013
WHEN YOU READ THIS BOOK You ask yourself why? A Terrible experience but has to be told. e must never forget the bravery of our troops so that we could have freedom. an excellent book for anyone interested in recent history.
on 21 October 2013
Being someone who is very interested in the 2nd world war I found this book a very good read although at times quite upsetting but as we know anything to do with JAP POW camps this sadly was the norm
on 13 July 2013
Excellent read. It's a miracle that he survived wat he went through. Even shed a tear myself near the end when he came home. Good to see some bad language words blocked out.
on 13 July 2013
An enjoyable read, the last couple of paragraphs came all too soon. Definitely a good read if you're interested in that site of WW2
on 2 April 2014
I chose the top rating, as this book is worth it. This is a true story of one man's life in the forces,and as a P.O.W. I like many only knew of the war against Germany, but this book and others give you a true version of what this author, and many other brave men and women had to endure at the hands of the Japanese. Well worth a read to get a true insight of what these people had to endure.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 July 2015
A fantastic read. Wyatt and Lowry have captured the horrors without resorting to sensationalising the events. It seems incredible that Wyatt was able to return to a relatively normal civilian life after some of the horrific things he endured. I have already ordered Lowry's next effort, 'Two years of Tenko', and look forward to learning more about this fascinating, yet brutal, regime.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse