on 11 April 2012
I'm a keen gardener and had caught a little of an interview, I'm sure it was on Gardener's World, with a down to earth experienced gardener than swore by gardening by the moon and had done for years. It caught my attention and ever since I had been looking for advice on how to do this. This little book is a treasure and provides all the information I need in an easy straightforward manner. I spent a couple of days working through the book and getting to grips with how to use the calendar (I couldn't garden - it was snowing! in April!)and soon became familiar with how to use it. I then noted the best days to do various tasks.I have now planted summer bulbs when the moon was in constellation with Libra, I am trying to achieve a greener healthier moss free lawn and have fertilized (when moon is descending and waxing)and aerated (when moon is ascending) and look forward to the results. I also for some reason feel more relaxed and in tune with my garden. There are certain days when cultivation of the soil is not good (when the moon is at it's perigee and closest to the earth) so those are days to sit relax, reflect and enjoy the rewards. I'd recommend this to anyone who is interested in gardening with the natural rhythm of the earth.
on 11 December 2011
I bought this for my partner, a keen gardener who plants by the moon every year. She says this is the best guide on the subject she has seen. Very comprehensive & informative. I look forward to bumper crops!
on 22 September 2011
I found the 2011 edition very useful, still is. Loads of advice and charts. Astronomical and astrological data plus tides. This latest edition has new data, new charts and some new subject matter but much of the advice has been carried over. Still good value though.
on 20 April 2012
This is the 4th annual edition of the book that I've bought, and I find it invaluable for many reasons...it's packed full of great info for the people who like to grow, eat and enjoy the gifts of nature, as well as knowing the best day and time to get a haircut! Get in tune with the moon!
on 10 March 2012
This book has information on many other activities, such as when is best to cut your hair (to prevent hair loss) amongst others. I also understand more about the waxing and waning moon than I learnt from other books on lunar planting. However, I was surprised to read that the information also applies to the Southern hemisphere, though in other similar books, the southern and northern hemispheres have different plantings.
on 5 March 2013
French gardeners are familiar with the lunar calendar for planning their crops and vegetable plots: preparing the soil, sowing, transplanting, weeding, fertilizing, harvesting, protection from pests, companion planting. Also included are lunar influences on diet, dentistry and hairdressing, viticulture and wine and beer brewing, livestock and agriculture.
We love it so that we can see when a dock or thistle day is coming for easier removal, or when is a good day to prepare our nettle concoction for fertilizer or pesticide.
on 23 January 2013
It's very practical to plan your days, and very easy for those who are "new" to biodinamics. It not only gives you information about when to plant different things, or cut wood, or even "remove unwanted hairs" :-), but it also gives a simple explanation about the moon cycles and what effects it has. It also comes with a planner, which I found really helpful.
on 18 June 2013
I like the idea of planting by the phases of the moon but personally find it quite impractical. However, in this book there is a bit more than just planting by the moon so it was worth buying
on 5 January 2013
I find this book fascinating. I first came across it in Brittany, where there are even commercial growers who sow their seeds using it. Very glad to see it is now translated into English.
on 18 October 2011
Excellent service as usual - this is required as a Christmas Present and I am sure my family will use it to good effect.