on 1 January 2012
A good size of book, although quite heavy to hold. Fabulous pictures, especially as the recipient had been to the very spot in some photos! Nice to see some of the bottle shapes and an excellent idea to have one page per wine. Plenty of interesting facts and background stories. Don't usually buy "...Before You Die" titles, however this book makes up for it by being attractive and informative.
on 24 July 2016
I got this book to my hubby for Christmas. He worked in hospitality at the time and was very interested in different wines. He liked the book, it's huge and really heavy! But he is not much of a reader and the book provides a lot of details and small text. So it's really suitable for someone who wants to know ALL about 1001 wines. I was actually hoping for less text, but more key facts / pictures / etc.
on 21 January 2016
Bought as Christmas gift for a friend who found it very informative. He is very knowledgable about wines and likes to try new ones from around the world. He said he didn't realise there were so many he had yet to sample!
on 7 February 2014
If I try one a week I am in with a fighting chance! Buy this if you are still young, or if you are as old as me, start drinking heavily!
on 23 August 2014
A great book which I refer to often for new wines to try as well as to buy for the wine tasting events that I hold for friends . I like the bottle label pictures too as I am often tempted by those as much as the description of the wine .
on 21 November 2013
Amazing pictures and clear, simple yet comprehensive details about the wines, the things you'd want to know to try them. Like that the price range is given too, with wines for every budget and taste. I bought this as a gift and am delighted with my purchase
on 12 January 2015
Great buy! Very interesting, with wines from all around the world.
on 22 July 2014
Now I'm glad to write a review of this item, because it was no small article!! Of a fair size, & over 1000 pages, it was like two house bricks arriving side by side!! Yet whoever packed it did a fantastic job, ensuring it was as solid as could be, and ensuring that there was no tearing at the corners on such a heavyweight parcel. It smelt a little musty (probably had been stored away somewhere) but was a steal for such a second-hand book that was in first class condition
on 25 June 2013
Bought as a birthday gift so haven't had the pleasure to read it through myself. However on a quick flick through, it seemed full of ideas for new wines to try and others that everyone have probably imbibed at some point. I hope that someone may buy it for me in the future so that I can get the opportunity to try all of them!
on 3 February 2015