on 12 June 2017
I bought all his books. The recipes are written in note format. A lot of steps and advice are missing, especially any which tell you what is critical, i.e ensure the brandy snap mixture is completely cool which will take up to an hour instead of allow the mixture to cool and form balls. I've tried 6 recipes from the various books and all 6 are pretty much guesswork. They don't work, too basic in detail. Either he is a really bad chef or purposely safeguarding his recipes. He should not be proud of his work. I have lots of cookbooks and Rick Stein never fails to miss a step in his book allowing you to recreate the recipes to a flawless standard. Sorry, really substandard instructions producing sub-standard work. Avoid.Mine are going to the charity shop.
on 1 October 2017
Great copy
on 29 June 2010
i love simon rimmer recipes and will buy all of his books as they have great recipes for both normal everyday cooking and entertaining. i am vegetarian and my boyfriend eats meat and we've both found recipes we love in here and keep coming back to.

our only disappointment is the selection of fish used for his recipes.
on 14 March 2012
I borrowed this book from our local library then decided I just had to have a copy of my own. I like the relaxed style of writing and the fact that there is generally only one recipe per page - I hate page-turning half way through cooking something.
There are lots of great recipes, my favourite so far being for beetroot and chocolate muffins. There are interesting twists on old favourites plus some fairly adventurous recipes that are completely new to me that look easy to cook and I just can't wait to try.
on 1 April 2015
just good food recipes well put together
on 11 December 2016
Enjoyable. Lovely simple recipes
on 9 April 2016
Its quite challenging.
on 7 August 2015
Great book
on 11 September 2007
... ever heard of irony? Any possibility the cover photo's taking the pee? And a review's supposed to come AFTER you read something: the clue's in the 're' bit.

Simon Rimmer's recipes are great. His other book 'accidental vegetarian' is brilliant, with some of the most creative (and consistently good) veggie dishes you'll find anywhere. And all the dishes, whether veggie, meat, fish or sweet seem to be big on taste and fairly simple to do. I'd highly recommend actually seeing the recipes before you judge...
on 20 November 2007
After watching something for the weekendon BBC 2 on a sunday morning, i was looking for a book by simon, so i purchased this, and i always use it some are used in the television show and some aren't neverless there great. I would recommend the book. Don't judge them by the reciepe title cook them first.