on 31 December 2013
brought for son who is a 2nd year student studying catering at college. He has enjoyed making some of the food
on 7 January 2017
Really loved this recipe book. The Christmas Muesli and Breakfast Croissants made it a magical Xmas morning.
on 23 November 2012
My husband gave me this book early for last Christmas. Clearly with intent.

We've had goose for Christmas for some years now. I dislike turkey and at last decided to forget the traditional American Thanksgiving turkey and have a traditional English Christmas goose aka Dickens etc.

Gordon has THE recipe. My goose Christmas lunches have always fine so far as I could tell, but even so Gordon tells things I hadn't known - that the flesh should still be a little red, to use a meat thermometer to get it exactly right so that it's at its most succulent and tasty, etc. And accompaniments for a complete Christmas Day goose lunch.

After the correct way to cook the goose, the next revelation was a simply delicious recipe for red cabbage as one accompaniment to the goose. I've never known what to do with red cabbage really although we have grown it for years. Gordon has the answer. Wine and orange and a few other bits. Simply gorgeous. And if you are cooking your red cabbage for just an ordinary meal well enough. Chopped cabbage in saucepan, add a little boiling water, a little red wine, a little orange juice and salt/pepper, and boil until the cabbage is soft. Be careful not to overdo the liquid and if you can't instinctively work out how much of each liquid to add, two or three experiments will tell you and the "failures" will still taste good enough, you'll probably just have some liquid left over that you can use for something else, or for some more of the cabbage.

The rest, also delightful recipes though I haven't tried them all.
on 1 June 2013
this item was great. It dose everything it said it would do. I would buy this item again if needed to.
on 25 January 2017
Helped make our christmas day lunch something special. Easy to follow and great simple recipes.
on 10 July 2014
Can't wait to get cooking for Christmas! Some lovely recipes
on 21 November 2011
The chapters in 'Christmas with Gordon', cover party food, Christmas menu's (of course), breakfast and brunch, lunches and suppers and sweet treats. I thought it was a really good idea in a seasonal book like this to include menus for breakfast, brunch. lunches and suppers as well as the usual Christmas fayre. Christmas lunch holds no fear for me, but I struggle to come up with new ideas to feed people the rest of the time at Christmas and new year, especially house guests. This book gave me some new ideas.

The party food chapter starts with dry roasted spice nuts and mulled wine recipes and ends with stuffed dates with honey and pistachio marzipan and a cocktail.

The Christmas menu's include all you would expect along with a schedule to help you plan. They cover a number of side dish recipes with the main meat/fish dish being the star of the show, like roast turkey, glazed ham, beef Wellington, roast goose or sea bass. Each menu suggests starters, side dishes and a dessert, all the planning is done for you.

I loved the look of the Christmas muesli and the fig and apple compote (the muesli would make a lovely home made Christmas gift). The cinnamon pancakes with caramelised apples look a) easy and b) to die for!

The sweet treats cover all manner of desserts and cakes that could be used in buffets or suppers. I made the shortbread recipe from this chapter, which we enjoyed (I used different flavours along with vanilla) and it came out really well.

The recipe was easy to follow, and all the recipes in this book are no more than a page long. The photography in this book is quite good and all recipes are depicted, a bonus if you prefer the visual to guide you.
on 12 January 2017
Very pleased Gordens mince pies were the best
on 6 December 2011
Quadrille books have released a very festive Christmas book by celebrity chef and TV presenter Gordon Ramsey. Red with white letters, the hardcover is glossy, and the book itself contains 141 pages filled with colour photographs by London based photographer Chris Terry. The book jacket has a portrait of Gordon Ramsey carving a turkey. The book was written with the help of food stylist Emily Quah and is divided by chapters:
INTRODUCTION
PARTY FOOD
CHRISTMAS MENUS
BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH
LUNCHES AND SUPPERS
PUDDINGS
INDEX
The recipes are not overly complicated, I tried some of the recipes specially the side dishes. A good variety and modern take on the the traditional dishes. This book is great addition to the a food lovers book collection. Looking forward to try the puddings recipes next. I made the creamed cabbage at least three times in the last two weeks - simple and delicious. I love the taste and texture of the pear and saffron chutney so much, that I have made some more to give as Christmas presents. It's delicious - what a treat! This book was sent to me by Quadrille books to be reviewed.
on 3 August 2014
Easy to follow, delicious recipes